View Single Post
(#4 (permalink))
Old
JustinHammerly (Offline)
New to JF

06-23-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Will the 1000-1500 exclude hotels and transportation? If so i say you are very very safe

Just out of curiosity, why 7 days in Kyoto?
It will exclude hotels, but not travel. I don't have much experience with trains etc, so I honestly don't know what to expect.

And I'm spending 7 days there because I have a friend from Australia who is also taking a trip to Japan during the 2 weeks I will be there and she is staying in Kyoto the entire time. Since this will be the first time we meet(excluding the internet) I thought I would spend as much time with her as possible. Plus, I've always wanted to see Kyoto.

Quote:
So much of that depends on many things. You say you don't spend it on frivolous souvenirs. Are you into any hobbies that may have a strong base in Japan? Do you have any of those, "ooh, oooh my gahd! I just need to have THAT!" moments? If you do, you can be tempted in many ways there.

$1500 comes out roughly $100/day. Here are some other things to think about. How well do you want to delve into Japanese cuisine? If you want to sample what they has to offer, Japanese restaurants can be quite expensive, some plates or meals can wipe out half your day's monies.

The trip from Kyoto to Tokyo can be quite expensive ($100) on the slower Shinkansen, and that's just the ticket. If you want to reserve the seat, it's about $62 more. If you're not taking travel into account in your query, then please disregard.

These are just a few things to consider. If you could provide just a bit more info on what you expect out of the trip, we can answer a bit deeper.
I may have a few moments such as that, with say video games or something. But I can usually keep myself under control in such situations.

As for food, I plan on eating nothing but the Japanese cuisine available.

I'm not planning on doing the normal touristy stuff (guided tours, and things of that nature.) I do plan on catching a few shows in Tokyo though; A concert, an art show, and a few other things. For most of these tickets will be bought ahead of time.

I'm really just looking for say, food expenses, train/taxi expenses, that sort of thing.