View Single Post
(#24 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

06-27-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Oh - I know it won't, but I wish it did.

Also, it's not because the people in our country don't WANT to do these jobs, it's just they can get others to do them for a fraction of the price. To be honest though, our minimum wage is fairly high and I doubt we are making huge savings by having foreign workers, though to be honest I don't know enough about it to comment fairly.
As reference only:

Minimum wage in Canada is about 7 dollars/hr, that will equate to about 14000 dollar a year for someone working full time - 40 hours work week, 50 weeks a year (assuming 2 weeks vacation)

An average test engineer or software development engineer's salary is approximately 45000 - 65000 a year. BUT, thats just salary alone. So let say, on an average about 5000 a month per staff... in the case of the company i work for, we estimated that each staff cost us about 12300 a month, that includes their salary (The said 5000), associated insurance, real estate and other operational cost

NOW, if we outsource this job to a foreign country, let say India or China, the cost will come down to about 4000 a month. Even if we request to have the staff sent over here temporarily (just a temporary work visa),the cost will only go up to about 7200 a month...