View Single Post
(#11 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-28-2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr3sh View Post
Reeeaaallly?! I never knew that...I knew that looking for a job\visa and stuff like that would take some time...but waiting for the actual degree certicate I never knew that :/ kinda sucks IMO

Anyways thx for the reply I'll check out NHK.

@MMM
Iight I'll watch out for that next time
Yeah, I'm like 99% certain you need the degree certificate. I've had to do a lot of research about the country and visa processes, plus I've spoken to a few people who were turned down from jobs solely as they hadn't the actual certificate itself. In your country of origin your 'provisional' certificate to say you've passed is enough, but the visa offices for Japan demand the actual certificate as solid proof. It's a pain, but at least it gives you a few precious months to get prepared, and a month or two to rest and relax before the stress of moving. I'll also add to get your certificate of elligibility can take around three months, from there it seems a fast/easy process, but it may take you a while to find a job, so you could be looking at four or more months to get a visa, that is if you're unlucky and it's slow getting a job and/or your COE.

Edit:

List of Lessons | Japanese Lessons, free text/audio downloads | Japanese Lessons at NHK WORLD - for oral speaking

Drill and learn the Japanese kanji - for kanji reading

Japanese Language Resources - a list of various sites compiled by kind forum users

Last edited by RobinMask : 06-28-2011 at 12:11 PM.