View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
jamie2088 (Offline)
New to JF

Moving to japan? - 07-11-2011, 10:24 PM

Hi i have only recently found this website and am trying to do own research besides wife.I have read as much as i can on websites and in here but would like more advice or thoughts if possible
I am 29 and married to japanese wife living in uk with son who is 3,we were living here and married in jspsn before he was born but he understand and speaks little bit of japanese ...recent circumstances have arised that may result in us moving to japan with the wife going first with son to find job and home.One major concern is me and will i adapt or fit in..i go regularly to japan to visit her family and it is tough as i dont eat the food much and language is 50/50 at moment not great but not rubbish :P I am willing to learn language and want to fit in.
How can i find job and what sort of jobs can i find except teaching which is what everyone does,my wife says it would probably be part time and factory line type of work if anything.Can english find these types of jobs? i understand japanese way of working is different i am hardworking in uk and often do long hours without breaks but is this enough to qualify me as adaptable to japan?
Culture is hard also i probably come across the wrong way without meaning to i think im being polite etc from how i was brought up but am deffo not getting it right as its hard for her family with me and food i often dont eat and its rude obviously to refuse everything evenly politely (i dont eat fish,seaweed,egg,weird sauces or fatty/raw meat)
I suffer eczma and dry skin/rosacea i know that this will be aggrevated in japan but does anyone have similar problems? and did it get better after a while....did your body adapt acclimatise in any way.
Im not great at using trains but u get used to it right? if i can walk or ride i would lol recently when we went to japan tokyo disney sea my passmo didnt scan properly cause im numpty and we got there and i couldnt get through not a good feeling at all lucky my wife and her mum there,does anyone else do stuff like this? would people think i was a complete idiot (although i doubt they would say it)

It actually sounds after reading this like i shouldnt go at all lol we are very much deciding future so any form of criticism,advice or reassurance would be massively welcomed and appreciated and soon

Sorry and thanks
J