View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
JustinRossTso (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-18-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I did bartending in Japan for a couple years. In my experience, the tastes of most Japanese are pretty simple and straightforward.

Rarely was I asked to make a drink with more than two ingredients.

I do enjoy going to "shot bars" in Japan, which is pretty close to what we consider a liquor bar in the US. They tend to be small and have a single bartender who really knows his drinks. Often I see female customers take recommendations from the bartender rather than having a personal drink of choice.

I don't ever remember seeing anyone drink a Long Island Iced Tea or a Mai Tai or other blended or complicated drinks.
Wow! We have a lot in common MMM I have a lot more respect for you now! !

You first answered my question about bands and stuff saying you were a drummer in Japan and now I found out you were a bartender too???

Man you go places! I bet you know how to have a good time!

Anyways! Thanks for the reply. Oh I see! I guess I shouldn't expect to make some complicated drinks for the most part but I guess it wouldn't hurt to know them. I guess I'd focus on speed! It sounds pretty chill, and I guess it'd be fun too while working.

Sounds pretty cool! Wonder if anything has changed or if the area where I work will affect it.

Thanks again! ONE of the coolest Mods !