View Single Post
(#46 (permalink))
Old
OHayou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-25-2011, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsToDiscovery View Post
There are plenty of professional fighters (or amateurs fighters like myself) who have either began their training at a late teen age (16-18 or older), or were already working professionals before they decided to try on a pair of gloves.
You may not become a professional fighter, but discounting martial arts training because you're "too old" and won't see benefits is completely false. It's not about the age, but the person themself (as in how they learn and adapt), and their training/instruction.
Yep, that's true!

What is "old" anyway. I define old as 15 years older than whatever you're at now. So if you're 20 then 35 would be "old" and 50 would be "old" to a 35 year old.

Also, take off the UFC head gear everyone. lol.

The best martial art (if you're not trying to be a professional fighter) is to not be an axxhxle and you'll probably not get into many fights.

I like Kung Fu myself because of the stretches and meditative type stances.

Another great type of workout I incorporate into my weight lifting is break dancing. It's fun and doing hand-stand pushups and walking around on your hands really gets your butt into shape! Plus, when you go to a club you can do some of your top-rocking (dancing on your feet as opposed to any tricks on the ground) and girls always love a guy who can dance.