View Single Post
(#5 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

07-30-2011, 10:33 AM

If you watch this video and believe that the answers given are honest then you are either insanely delusional or haven't the slightest bit of an idea of what Japanese culture is like...

I, a 100% white man, could ask the most racist and white-hating of Japanese people what they think of white people and 999 times out of 1000 would get something along the lines of "I don't really think so much of them" or "we're all the same, aren't we" or some other cooked answer.

A friend of mine was threatened by his father that he'd be disowned if he married his half-Korean girlfriend (who has lived in Japan her entire life, and speaks only Japanese) and yet there was no problem until marriage entered the conversation.

It's kind of like how in western culture everyone's cool with homosexuality and whatnot until their son brings home a boyfriend and then suddenly all that understanding and acceptance is thrown out the window.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.