View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

Good Japanese Restaurant in your local area??? - 08-02-2011, 12:25 PM

What are some of the better or best Japanese restaurant you've visited locally in your own country or in your area?

I am from Markham, a smaller city north of Toronto Ontario (Canada). Here are my choices for Japanese retaurant:

For Kaiseki - The best, or I shold say, the ONLY place I've ever tried, is a place call Sushi Kaji. Its rather far from where I live, and its extremely pricey, but it really bring out the true Kaiseki atmosphere I've experienced when I was in Japan

Ramen - Iwatei, just behind J-Town in Markham, it is also relatively expensive for Ramen, but they are far more authentic than the Ajisen chain we have here

Izakaya - GUU. I think this particular chain has restaurant all over the world, but the one in Toronto is not bad, food is great, not a big fan of its atmosphere though

Sushi and Sashimi - Can't say I've had any good sushi in Toronto ever..... The closest thing I had was from a restaurant name Fune, in the heart of Toronto, but still its nothing compared to ones I had in Japan

What about you? What and who would you recommend in your area?