View Single Post
(#20 (permalink))
Old
OsakaBlue (Offline)
New to JF

08-08-2011, 02:14 PM

I think it's great that you two were able to reconnect after highschool. I do believe in second chances but like everyone has stated above, long-distance can be tough. There has to be a point to it basically, meaning one person has to make a sacrifice and move eventually. It seems like a fairy tale now because you're with him right now, but what happens afterwards? Will you be satisfied with seeing each other only twice a year? I was in a long distance relationship once and we saw each other once every few months until I made the decision to move to his state (half way across the US). We stayed together for over four years and were engaged. Then we broke up. I felt resentful that I gave up so much to be with him. I'm still in his state but he actually moved out of the state and I realized how alone I was here because I only hung out with his friends. I had to start all over. But I didn't want to move back to my own state (then again, who would...it's NJ). It took months (still is) for me to find my own group of friends. Luckily I was able to find a good job when I first moved here, but finding a new apartment on my own, being 'independent', etc... it's definitely tough.