View Single Post
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
08-11-2011, 11:40 AM

I can`t really say I would recommend it as a way to try something out... You can`t just set up a booth and have a go.

You will need to have a license for selling food from the health department and a license for a booth from the police. And then, with a festival, you`ll have to go through the local groups to get a spot - and likely pay a LOT for the privilege of a space. In general, the local "group" will get a permit from the police for the entire area around the festival... And they will rent out the spaces. Festivals are the biggest chance for food stand income, so there are a LOT of competitors for the spots. The majority at festivals are associated with the local group, so you would have to get pretty lucky to find somewhere willing to rent you a spot...

Those booths are pros, to put it simply.

You would probably have a lot more luck by looking around for local international groups. They will often have an international food day, with locals coming just to try different foods from around the world. You wouldn`t need a license and wouldn`t need to get a permit as they are usually held in public halls.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.