View Single Post
(#16 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

08-15-2011, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
If you are visiting Asakusa and the Sensoji, you have to take walk to the new Tokyo Skytree. Just look for the tallest tower you have ever seen, and walk toward it, it takes only 20 minutes or so to get there.

If you visit the fish market in Tsukiji (as many visitors do), you should visit Tsukishima. Cross the Kachidoki Bridge (the old metal drawbridge), and turn left at the first light on the other side. Follow the road straight, and it will lead you through an old-style Japanese main street. Tsukishima is famous for it's old-fashioned shops and stores, and for it's numerous Monja-yaki restaurants.

Another place to see is Tokyo Cathedral, which is fantastic Catholic Church designed by famous Japanese architect. After visiting the cathedral, visit the garden at the nearby Four Seasons Chin-zan-so hotel. This is one of the most beautiful gardens I have seen in Tokyo, and you don't have to be a hotel guest to have a look. There are some nice traditional restaurants located on the grounds of the garden, and they are as nice to eat in as they are to look at.
Thanks for the post! This is exactly the kind of stuff I'm talking about.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography