View Single Post
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Cola (Offline)
JF Regular

09-04-2011, 05:43 AM

(Japanese is a very contextual language, leaving out a huge amount of information that is absolutely necessary in English to construct a grammatically correct and meaningful sentence. Translating the specifics of a manga become extremely difficult if you have never read it. Below are my best guesses, as well as notes to help you determine the meanings on your own.)

Page 2 Part 2

#2 - Volume 8 - 75 votes
Because of Giru. Because it leaves the strongest impression. Its cool. It's cute. It's sexy. The colors are beautiful. Ribon (or perhaps the ribbon) is good.

#1 - Volume 8 - 117 votes
The picture with Ramu and Giru is good. Giru seems happy. Because there's fire. This made me a fan of Ramu.

Page 3 Part 3

#1 - Volume 8 - 77 votes
The exchange between Karu and Garufakushi at the beginning (LOL [comment in the original]). The scene where Kicheru plays with Teseusu. When Teseusu almost drowned. Teseusu after she (he?) got wet and let her (his?) hair down. The exchange between Seshia when she (he?) had a cold and Rasu. How Rasu looked cooking and his okayu (rice porridge. This might alternatively be, "How Rasu's cooking looked and his [or the] okayu). The scene where Seshia eats the okayu while crying. Ryukureon and Arufiji's sighs (page 100 [comment in the original]). The exchange between the injured Kaisutan and Rasu. The scene where Giru is crying. The fire that falls into Giru's cup. Kaisutan's first death (alternatively, this might mean Kaisutan had one death, possibly the death of a member of his or her group).

Page 8 Part 6

#12 - Giru - 8 votes

Go for a walk. Take a nap on a mountain. Go to the beach. Go on a safari and see a lion.

#16 - Ramuganasu - 4 votes

Go for a walk in a park. Shopping. See a movie.

Page 8 Part 7

*Various reasons and conditions . . .

From the group that approves: Only if Rasu were on the receiving end. Only if it were Run and Nohiro. Only if it were with Giru (the word 関係 [kankei] is used, which could either mean "related to/connected with" or "sex with." I cannot definitively say which is meant, but the meaning is basically the same either way). Only if the drawings were well-done.

From the group willing to compromise: Only if it were on the level of Yokoshima (I don't know if this is a character from the comic or an illustrator or what. A very brief search on the internet brought up multiple references to a 'Lara Yokoshima,' who seems to be a person from Mexico who draws yaoi. Yokoshima may also refer to a specific style of yaoi or simply be another nickname for the yaoi genre. Incidentally, 'yokoshima' means evil, dark, wicked, or corrupt. As I would rather not research further into yaoi than is necessary, I will leave it to you to conduct further research and draw your own conclusions.) If they (?) had been too late on the goblin side (near Giru) . . . (Again, not knowing the specifics of this comic, it is extremely difficult to determine who was or would be too late and even whether they are talking about the goblin [or whatever] area or side or what.)

From the group opposed to yaoi: I like yaoi but I would hate a DK yaoi. It's scary.

Other: What's yaoi?