View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
lucagalbu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-09-2011, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaS View Post
I'm assuming the hyphenated words are artifacts of cut and paste.
Yes.. I wrote the post in a rush and so I didn't check it

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaS View Post
[color="Gray"]Any substantial difficulty is {not sure what you want to say here - I guess either Substantial difficulty is introduced (sounds like a problem) or Any substantial difficulty can be introduced (sounds like a useful experimental feature if you want to consider spin interactions, but then "difficulty" sounds odd to me.)}
Yes, this part it's a bit confused eheh! I meant that it is not hard at all to take into account also the spin coupling. In effect I have rewritten it in a totally different way!

Can I ask you another favor? I have modified a part of the text, if you have time can you please check it too? Thank you very much!

The evolution at time ∆t can be obtained multiplying the wave function at the initial time in the coordinate representation by the first of the two factors with which the time evolution operator has been represented. By a Fourier transform, the wave function is then written in the momentum representation and it is multiplied by the second factor of the time evolution, diagonal in that space. The inverse Fourier transform allows us to write the wave function back in the coordinate space and from there the procedure is repeated.

E'l naufragar m'è dolce in questo mare di Dirac.
(And to flounder in this Dirac sea is sweet to me.)
Leopardi feat Paul Dirac