View Single Post
(#142 (permalink))
Old
OHayou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-18-2011, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xYinniex View Post
Let's be honest here, most of you are saying personality because you don't want to seem like a douchebag.

But, the answer is that you'd probably GO for looks. (don't matter if you chat with them once or date them for a number of years) you would still prefer a girl/guy that looked relatively disease free and reasonably handsome.

I'm shallow. I'd go for looks.
Everyone goes for looks initially unless a friendship overtime turns into a relationship of some sort.

Caveat: When I say looks it can be that raw lust-inducing physicality of the person or their non-verbals (which 60% of communication is by the way - non-verbal) which attract you to them (confident demeanor, laid back-demeanor, extremely masculine/extremely feminine, etc.)

In the end though, connection is the most important which include both personality and looks and also other things not talked about such as: career or lack of one, morals or lack there of, drug addiction or lack there of, etc.

Lets face it, you can have a great personality and look great but if you do drugs and they don't, are a christian and they're a muslim, live with mom and dad and ride the bus and they have a career and roll in a mercedes, etc -- you're going to have some major obstacles to overcome in making that relationship work because...lack of connection.