(#12 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
10-05-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleGoetz View Post
Oh, come now. We all know you have a weird, hick Japanese accent!

Like how they flip things in Kansai. Instead of the pitch on が (I think), it's on the とう or something. I dunno. I can kind of mimic the difference there, but don't know how to write it.
If it were just Japanese, I would consider that a possibility... But I have even more trouble with these in English. With the examples Masaegu gave of dictionary.... I honestly read it aloud, tried all the different accents, and still wondered which I say in normal situations. Just trying it out of the blue, and I think I emphasize the end of the second syllable, but then that is supposed to be wrong.... And i have never been told I have an odd accent in English, so I must be misinterpeting things. I *think* I am saying dictionary... Which I am completely sure would be marked as incorrect if I were being tested on it.

I just REALLY suck at any questions pertaining to accent or tone.
I am sure that my Japanese accent isn't entirely standard as I have lived in Aichi my entire time in Japan - plus, Tokyoites just sound different to me. But if asked to pinpoint where the accents and tones are different, I am the last person you want to ask.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.