(#15 (permalink))
Old
RKitagawa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to RKitagawa
12-01-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masaegu View Post
Using as many kanji as possible does not necessarily appeal to the more educated Japanese readers...
Right right, I do know that. I just wasn't expecting it to be so extensive. Not that it matters too much. It just might increase the cost of the tattoo due to its length.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masaegu View Post
...I do not know anything about the U.S. trends regarding tattoos. All I know is I rarely, if ever, see a long phrase like this in a tattoo in Japan. To be more concrete, I have never seen prose inked on one's body.
Yeah. I actually know quite a few people with long phrases as tattoos. Some of them being quotes from books. I suppose it's a lot more common over here. I do still think I'm going to get it. I understand that it sounds 'sissy' to you haha. And I'm sure you're not the only one who will think that. But it sounds very poetic to me. Which I suppose could be part of the reason it sounds sissy. But to each his own I suppose. I'm okay with other people thinking it sounds sissy, as long as I myself am happy with it. Which I am. As long as getting this quote isn't offensive in any way. I can live with some people thinking it's a sissy tattoo. I just don't want to offend people or have people think I'm stupid.

Thanks again for all the help masaegu, it means a lot to me.