View Single Post
(#42 (permalink))
Old
Picture2Perfect (Offline)
JF Regular

04-17-2007, 12:47 PM

I never found the film confusing at all, i think the storyline is very simple with a slight twist involving the feelings and affections of the two charactes Jin and Mei, and how there affections for each other develop over the journey to the house of flying daggers hide out.
I do sense that it has a slight feel of a romeo and Juliet plot, this being due to both Mei and Jin, being on opposite sides, both at war with one another.

As somone else stated there definatly is no bad guy in the movie, this is concluded at the end, when you see Jin Mei and Leo in an awkward situation where Leo has a dagger targetting Jin, and Mei threatens to kill Leo with the dagger from which Leo earlier on through at Mei. The downfall is, that if Mei is to save Jin, by pulling the dagger out and killing Leo, Mei will bleed to death.
As this goes on for the next few minutes, you then see Leo 'acting' out throwing the dagger at Jin, however nothing gets thrown except the blood that was already left on the dagger, you then see Mei give her life up for Jin, however not throwing the dagger at Leo, but throwing the dagger so it deflects the dagger of Leo's that was aiming for Jin.

I think the ending is fantastic, and how they fight is amazing, the ending scene has to be one of the best i ve seen, and the film one of the best i have seen.

Leo must feel so guilty, after Mei, chucks the dagger to deflect his dagger that was supposed to be thrown for Jin, you see Mei's dagger deflect the spot of blood that come on Leo's dagger, i think that is spectacular.

Will.

"You don't take a photograph, you make it."