LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Crelrn (Offline)
クレルんノホノオ

12-10-2007, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powermad147 View Post
I never said I judged it by face value, but thats part of what I enjoyed. If I want metaphores, I read poetry. If I want hillarious anime, I watch FLCL.
I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to *coughcough*Moodaddy*coughcough* Nobody
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Moodaddy (Offline)
PH34R MY M4D NINJ4 SKILL5

Send a message via ICQ to Moodaddy Send a message via AIM to Moodaddy Send a message via MSN to Moodaddy Send a message via Yahoo to Moodaddy Send a message via Skype™ to Moodaddy
12-10-2007, 03:52 PM

who cares if its one big metaphore? i know the show is like that but i just don't care about it. i like it because its fun to watch and highly entertaining. there doesn't need to be anything else than that for me to watch it ^^

tobi rules

EVERYONE DO THE PERVY DANCE!!!!
1 2 3 step step jump step step grope step step touch step step kiss and *SLap!!!

My Fellow Pervs!
Hyakushi, Animeomarguy, Katchan6, MazarDantechildofdevil, Forgotenmemory, Sutiiven, Kudosan, Hentaro, Markduff, QuoyaNatsume, IonFortuna, HaganeKakashi

http://www.freewebs.com/moodaddy/myjffamily.htm
(#13 (permalink))
Old
DesiredMess (Offline)
.Infront of Persona.

12-10-2007, 05:16 PM

Some people like to seek the deeper meaning in things while others like to skim the surface... I for one like seeing the metaphors because it gives you a better understanding of the series and a new appreciation for it.

Videogame junkie extraordinaire. I often need help getting snapped back into reality, so bare with me.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Powermad147 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-11-2007, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiredMess View Post
Some people like to seek the deeper meaning in things while others like to skim the surface... I for one like seeing the metaphors because it gives you a better understanding of the series and a new appreciation for it.
Actualy, it gave me LESS respect for the series when I found out...thats why I refused to watch it for a year before I did. Despite that, i loved it. The only problem was instead of thinking "Haha, its a horn!" I thought, "Oh look, its a boner...wonderful."

(#15 (permalink))
Old
DesiredMess (Offline)
.Infront of Persona.

12-11-2007, 02:33 AM

Ha, boner... what did you get out of it that made you mad though?

Videogame junkie extraordinaire. I often need help getting snapped back into reality, so bare with me.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Powermad147 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-11-2007, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Ha, boner... what did you get out of it that made you mad though?
It was just that, while FLCL could never really be taken seriously, once you turn the wohle thing into a sex joke, the story becomes nothing but hay to feed the fires that keep the metaphore going. It's what made me mad when I read Catcher in the Rye. No one cared about Haulden Caulfield, they cared about the cliff he was about to dive off.

(#17 (permalink))
Old
DesiredMess (Offline)
.Infront of Persona.

12-11-2007, 02:42 AM

I actually just got done re-reading that!!! Yeah, sometimes it's easier to pull back and enjoy the scenery outside of the metaphor. Holden was a complex character, so I think there were many things revolving around that story.

(#18 (permalink))
Old
Powermad147 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-11-2007, 02:45 AM

Quote:
I actually just got done re-reading that!!! Yeah, sometimes it's easier to pull back and enjoy the scenery outside of the metaphor. Holden was a complex character, so I think there were many things revolving around that story.
Isn't he great? ^_^ Thats what got me into hating that sort of story...The main character is nothing but a lifeless puppet that is there to serve its purpose and be probed by analyst after analyst until one day there is nothing left, and then Holden gets thrown away like he was worth nothing by himself...I like to rant xD

(#19 (permalink))
Old
DesiredMess (Offline)
.Infront of Persona.

12-11-2007, 02:58 AM

But your right. I hate it when the author makes the protagonist seem like they are just some prop. Really the main character is what gets the person reading and interested. But then when the purpose is served, well bye to the main character!

(#20 (permalink))
Old
straydogshaolin (Offline)
New to JF

12-12-2007, 03:17 AM

I do like Flcl Its so.... wierd its cool. Besides I watch the show for Kamon. (Naota's Father)