JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Anime & Manga (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/anime-manga/)
-   -   Is it okay for a guy to like Shojo? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/anime-manga/1138-okay-guy-like-shojo.html)

KibaRanger 12-12-2006 04:37 PM

Is it okay for a guy to like Shojo?

As you might have guessed,I like Card Captor Sakura.Is it okay for a guy to like Shojo?

maks 12-12-2006 04:41 PM

is shojo a boy.....??? havent seen the latest version of cardcaptor sakura.

Mukuge 12-12-2006 04:59 PM

Shojo is girl, like in girl manga/anime, right?
I think it is okay. There are girls who like shonen so why not the other way around too

maks 12-12-2006 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ash (Post 14635)
Does Card Captor Sakura have a troupe of attractive girls? I'd say it's only natural for a anime fanboy to like it if it does.

yes they have attractive girls there...........i got confused about what they want to imply......

RETARDEDMONKEH 12-13-2006 01:43 AM

i like ecchi and i'm a girl. and straight. T___T
so why not?? s'all good. 8D;

KibaRanger 12-13-2006 08:06 PM

Geez...I can't belive this worried me.Thanks

Mukuge 12-13-2006 08:22 PM

Glad we could help. I am a straight girl aswell and I like ecchi too ^^; so yea

kainpendragon 12-13-2006 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mukuge (Post 14907)
Glad we could help. I am a straight girl aswell and I like ecchi too ^^; so yea

who does not like ecchi expect Kasumi

Chimeiteki 12-15-2006 04:01 PM

Yeah it totally okay for a guy to like shoujo manga and anime. There's nothing wrong with it. Just like girls can like guy manga and anime.

Skisito 12-15-2006 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KibaRanger (Post 14626)
As you might have guessed,I like Card Captor Sakura.Is it okay for a guy to like Shojo?

Everybody knows...The shoujo manga/anime have the best characters, the best stories, the best songs/musics and the best trace! I'M A SHOUJO BOY, TOO!:ywave:

Kanji_The_Wanderer 12-18-2006 10:45 PM

Yeah, it's fine to like Shoujo in my opinion. I'm a straight guy and I enjoy Shoujo anime and manga.

lurve9 12-18-2006 10:54 PM

of coursee it okay!!:)

Natchan 12-19-2006 06:34 AM

I think its totally ccol for a guy to like shojo. I'm a girl and like Shonen, is that bad? No. Some of my guy friends favorite shows are are shojo shows or manga!

Infact I have this friend, and her husbands favorite anime is CCS!

SamuraiAlchemistNinja 12-20-2006 05:02 PM

sure why not :)

fry 12-22-2006 11:13 AM

most of the otaku i know don't discriminate by genre at all. but personally, i find that i can't connect to a lot of shoujo.. mabye cos ive spent most of my life amomg guys.

btw, i wonder if someone is going to come up with a legitimate reason why guys shouldn't watch shoujo.

Kanji_The_Wanderer 12-22-2006 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fry (Post 16870)
most of the otaku i know don't discriminate by genre at all. but personally, i find that i can't connect to a lot of shoujo.. mabye cos ive spent most of my life amomg guys.

btw, i wonder if someone is going to come up with a legitimate reason why guys shouldn't watch shoujo.

I can't think of a legitimate reason. Maybe guys who watch it will become more more nice and turn into softies. but that's not really bad.

SamuraiAlchemistNinja 12-23-2006 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer (Post 16917)
I can't think of a legitimate reason. Maybe guys who watch it will become more more nice and turn into softies. but that's not really bad.

lo it's not a bad thing. Maybe ALL guys should watch shojo

Rush 12-26-2006 05:19 AM

I would say no. Enjoy sure. But don't get "attach".

Avary_Ninja 12-26-2006 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer (Post 16917)

Note : Girls HATE nice guys. ALL of them HATE nice guys. Stay away from shojo if you want a girlfirend. Pink Man, as we call it in my homeland is a definite turn-off.

As for watching shojo over reading shojo, I can stomach good fun series like Fruits Baskets, but I just can't stand reading shojo manga. My brain just won't accept it. I get migraine just reading one page of Sailor Moon *pukes*

Guza 12-26-2006 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avary_Ninja (Post 17529)
Note : Girls HATE nice guys. ALL of them HATE nice guys. Stay away from shojo if you want a girlfirend. Pink Man, as we call it in my homeland is a definite turn-off.

As for watching shojo over reading shojo, I can stomach good fun series like Fruits Baskets, but I just can't stand reading shojo manga. My brain just won't accept it. I get migraine just reading one page of Sailor Moon *pukes*

lolz im not a real fan of sailor moon either, however i liked fruits baskets that was pretty funny

Avary_Ninja 12-26-2006 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guza (Post 17545)
lolz im not a real fan of sailor moon either, however i liked fruits baskets that was pretty funny

Fruits basket was hilarious. Kyo + Kagura = Win!

Rope + Tree + Momiji = some assembly required.

Keitaro 12-27-2006 10:42 AM

I think its ok a guy watch shoujo... And I like shojo too...
Full Moon Wo Sagashite, Akihabara Dennougumi, Card Captor Sakura, Digi Charat, Fruit Basket, To Heart, and others... :D

marikoluvsanime 12-27-2006 06:59 PM

Ah, don't worry! Guys that like shojo are more prone to attract girls. ;)

marikoluvsanime 12-27-2006 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avary_Ninja (Post 17529)

Well, only some. Actually most girls like guys that are understanding. Reading shojo manga would improve that... but I agree on the REALLY shojo manga. I'm a girl and I can't even watch the entire opening without puking.

Princess_Coco 12-28-2006 04:06 PM

I'd love to meet a guy who truely likes real Shojo. So many people seem to think Chobits and Love Hina count but the fact is they don't. :mad:

KibaRanger 12-28-2006 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guza (Post 17545)

God I hate Sailor Moon.What was with that guy in the Tuxedo?(Hates Tuxedos)

Dutchman 12-31-2006 09:36 PM

Hmm Sailor moon well i like it a bit because it is one of my first anime i ever watched ( i was 7 or so :p) along with pokemon, DBZ, CCS, Gundam ect. but i really like some shojo's such as Mars, Fruit Basket, Power and some others and it will provide a bit sight how girls think( i mean a bit because they are mostly stereotype girls ^^)

Kasumi89 01-01-2007 02:48 AM

If you want to know how a girl thinks, then ask a girl that wont be offended.

Maester 01-01-2007 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasumi89 (Post 18413)
If you want to know how a girl thinks, then ask a girl that wont be offended.

Girls mostly like 'cute' guys, you don't have to be nice or bad, you don't need to be good-looking. If you just make that face like a dog when he's begging for food you get girls... works for me so :D

Kasumi89 01-01-2007 02:54 AM

We like nice, cute, sometimes bad guys. I like funny too. Many of us do. I always fall for the puppy dog look.*sighs*

halleychan 01-02-2007 04:21 AM

I like Card Capter Sakura :D
I'm a girl and also like the shounen manga: Rurouni Kenshin, Meitantei Konan, Monster, Naruto, Yugi-oh... and I think it's no problem ^^

KibaRanger 01-03-2007 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasumi89 (Post 18419)
We like nice, cute, sometimes bad guys. I like funny too. Many of us do. I always fall for the puppy dog look.*sighs*

Well I think I might be able to get a girl.Cause I always tend to get along better with girls than guys does that make me weird?

ivory_byrd 01-03-2007 05:23 PM

i just wanted to say that yes guys can like shojo... my boyfriend loves his romantic comedies... like kare kono... ouran high school... tsubasa... and much more.. and i know many guys who like them so its perfectly fine...

ayako 01-06-2007 07:32 AM

who knows, maybe some guys do wath shojo.
my older brother only watches shojo whenever
he orders shojo anime for me.

ChrisCaboose 03-13-2007 01:24 PM

I like Shojo becuase it contains thoughts and feelings not usually shown in Shonen anime. I like a little of everything but thats just me.

Skyraida 03-13-2007 11:59 PM

it really shouldn't matter, it's good to get the best of both worlds...
like my goal, to watch every anime with no bias of genre (long term goal lol)

Tturtle 03-14-2007 06:55 PM

I'm going to be the first one to post that, no, you should not read shojo. The definition for shojo has been made clear to me many times: girl's manga. If this isn't the correct definition I apologize.

Skyraida 03-15-2007 02:24 AM

what's wrong with reading girly manga? it's doesn't do anything unless you're easily influenced

ChrisCaboose 05-30-2007 07:23 PM

I tin basically he's saying its okay for girls to read shonen manga but its not okay for guys to read shojo manga. Which is weird because both are good and aren't only made for one sex. I read shojo manga in school sometimes, no one comments on the genre they just ask me how can I read it.

AllICanSay 05-30-2007 07:45 PM

Don't worry I also like Cardcapturer Sakura. and I'm boy. I watched Sailormoon too:)