JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
NightChilde25 (Offline)
In my own little world

Send a message via AIM to NightChilde25 Send a message via Yahoo to NightChilde25
Anyone planning to attend MTAC? - 01-17-2008, 05:27 AM

My friends and I are all saving up to go to MTAC - the Middle TN Anime Convention in Nashville this April. I was wondering: Are any of you planning to attend?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
DragonShade (Offline)
美魚さんは白鳥な

01-17-2008, 05:32 AM

??? never heard of it, what is it ? 紹介しなさい~plz give some info about it

白鳥は哀しからずや、空の青、うみのあをにも、染まず ただよふ。 
美魚さんは白鳥、僕は青、ぼくらは交わらない

My Anime List

Chara Listing XD
(#3 (permalink))
Old
NightChilde25 (Offline)
In my own little world

Send a message via AIM to NightChilde25 Send a message via Yahoo to NightChilde25
MTAC Details - 01-17-2008, 05:39 PM

With pleasure! MTAC is a slowly growing anime convention that takes place every year in Tennessee. It may seem a little smaller than some of the other conventions, but their panels and events are alot more creative and interesting. Last year's MTAC Prime was awesome! I'll try to post some pics from it once I get home. Until then here is the website with all the information on this year's MTAC Infinity. MTAC Infinity: Roarin' Back April 25th - 27th, 2008 I'm just so ready to go back! MTAC was my first real anime convention, so it holds a special place in my heart.

Just a few of the events they had last year were Japanese Ghost Stories, (which was really cool. Everyone sat in a circle, in the dark, with a lit candle. After each story one person would blow out their candle.) Adult Oragami, (I had no idea you could make that out of paper. ) A Rave party, Peelander Z, a ramen eating contest, (We got published in NewType USA and all they covered was the ramen eating contest. *fumes*) Iron Lolita workshop, Cosplay workshop, Yaoi Yowza, and I could go on forever. The hardest part of MTAC is deciding on what you want to do because they have so many things, events tend to overlap, and of couse waiting in line at the dealer's room.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
DragonShade (Offline)
美魚さんは白鳥な

01-17-2008, 06:10 PM

that sounds awesome! I'll go check it out in the future.. it's a little bit far for me, right now. hehe

白鳥は哀しからずや、空の青、うみのあをにも、染まず ただよふ。 
美魚さんは白鳥、僕は青、ぼくらは交わらない

My Anime List

Chara Listing XD
(#5 (permalink))
Old
NightChilde25 (Offline)
In my own little world

01-18-2008, 08:21 PM

It is awesome! Just keep it in mind if you are ever close enough to attend. MTAC first started in 1999 and seems to get better every year.