JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Wich one is the best?
Shojo Beat 29 31.52%
Shonen Jump 23 25.00%
New Type 22 23.91%
Other 9 9.78%
Never read one 9 9.78%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Ichigo2013 (Offline)
Sound Village for LIFE!!

Send a message via MSN to Ichigo2013 Send a message via Yahoo to Ichigo2013
02-01-2008, 11:09 AM

Uhh, ugh, agh, hmmm, I... NO! I can't pick! I'm picking new type!!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Tsuzuki (Offline)
冷血の私生児

Send a message via ICQ to Tsuzuki Send a message via MSN to Tsuzuki Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuzuki Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuzuki
02-01-2008, 11:10 AM

I vote other cuz I read BeBoyMagazine

ギャー(*0*((◎—————ー(°°; ) スッポヌケ〜
✿ あなた だけ が みれば いい... 狂気と真実は紙一重 ✿

そして坊やは眠りについて 息衝く灰の中の炎ひとつ、ふたつと 浮かぶふくらみ愛しい横顔 大地に垂るる幾千の夢、夢 銀の瞳のゆら(◕‿‿◕ )
It's a thin line between genius and stupidity. Once you cross it there is no going back!! Luckily I have tippex and a pen so I can just redraw it where I like!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA =_=

†♫†
(#13 (permalink))
Old
kai474 (Offline)
New to JF

Yeah - 02-01-2008, 01:29 PM

Shonen Jump has naruto >.<.

KAI
(#14 (permalink))
Old
NightChilde25 (Offline)
In my own little world

Send a message via AIM to NightChilde25 Send a message via Yahoo to NightChilde25
02-01-2008, 04:39 PM

I love Newtype USA for news and reviews. I also read the Anime Insider. I wish Animerica was still for sale. It was great. Of course you can still get a small little booklet put out by them for free everymonth, but the magazine was much better.

Now as far as Shojo and Shonen beat goes, It's hard for me to choose. I love titles in both. I guess I'd have to say Shojo because I love their articles and how-tos as well.

It's really sad. I buy all of these each month. At least I did, before some super nice person on my holiday wishes list over on insane journal purchased a subscription for me. I still don't know who did it.

Awww...I wish I could get BeBoyMagazine. *pouts* Wish they'd translate it to english and ship it over here. My friends and I would be in heaven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
You know that February is the FINAL issue of NewType USA...I hope.
LOL Oh! You mean thing! *pokes teasingly* I'll have you know I rushed to their website in a panic. I didn't even get to the "I hope" to begin with. Now, seriously, what do you have against NewType USA?

(#15 (permalink))
Old
animelover32 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to animelover32
02-01-2008, 04:54 PM

I like Otaku USA and Anime Insider since they introduce me to new anime I've never heard of.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-01-2008, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightChilde25 View Post
I love Newtype USA for news and reviews. I also read the Anime Insider. I wish Animerica was still for sale. It was great. Of course you can still get a small little booklet put out by them for free everymonth, but the magazine was much better.

Now as far as Shojo and Shonen beat goes, It's hard for me to choose. I love titles in both. I guess I'd have to say Shojo because I love their articles and how-tos as well.

It's really sad. I buy all of these each month. At least I did, before some super nice person on my holiday wishes list over on insane journal purchased a subscription for me. I still don't know who did it.

Awww...I wish I could get BeBoyMagazine. *pouts* Wish they'd translate it to english and ship it over here. My friends and I would be in heaven.

LOL Oh! You mean thing! *pokes teasingly* I'll have you know I rushed to their website in a panic. I didn't even get to the "I hope" to begin with. Now, seriously, what do you have against NewType USA?
Sorry...I meant to say "I think". I hope their new magazine starts, too. But the new one will focus less on anime and more on games, I hear. (Notice the FEB issue had about 20 pages of game reviews).
(#17 (permalink))
Old
NightChilde25 (Offline)
In my own little world

Send a message via AIM to NightChilde25 Send a message via Yahoo to NightChilde25
02-01-2008, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Sorry...I meant to say "I think". I hope their new magazine starts, too. But the new one will focus less on anime and more on games, I hear. (Notice the FEB issue had about 20 pages of game reviews).
That's ok. I went to their website, but couldn't find anything about the magazine ending or a new one begining. I did notice the huge section on games, though. I hope it's not their last one. I just got a subscription to it. Feb was my first issue.

(#18 (permalink))
Old
ajsnoopy (Offline)
Pineapple of doom...

02-01-2008, 08:51 PM

fan of both Shonen Jump and NewType, but I had to choose New Type ~_^

Amazing sig made by claimee, NeoVisualizm <3

Recent claim: Kiri (heidi.)
(#19 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-01-2008, 09:01 PM

I guess March will be the last issue

NewType USA: A Brief History of ADV's NewType Publication | ComiPress

After a brief period of silence from ADV, an e-mail was issued to subscribers confirming that NewType USA would be replaced by another magazine. Promoting its content of "anime, manga, video games and other aspects of pop culture," the magazine, titled PiQ, is being claimed by ADV as a publication that will be of "keen interest" to subscribers of NewType, despite the severely decreased percentage of anime-related topics and media. In turn, ADV has promised two issues of PiQ per one issue of NewType that subscribers have left to be issued.

After six years of publication, NewType USA's chapter in North American anime subculture is coming to an end with some fans already mourning the loss of its bright pages, bountiful bonus content and up-to-date information. However, from its ashes comes another magazine that many are eager to see hit the newsstands. PiQ has a tough act to follow, but with a price closer to the competition and a fresh start free of licensing fees, ADV may yet have a fighting chance at keeping its magazine readers happy.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Powermad147 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-02-2008, 12:16 AM

Quote:
You know that February is the FINAL issue of NewType USA...I hope.
What? What!? Why???? I am NOT happy, damnit! >< Thats the only magazine I like! TT_TT That...and Shonen Jump >.> But Shonen jump's a bit too childish for me recently. I'm sick of Naruto.

Last edited by Powermad147 : 02-02-2008 at 12:19 AM.