JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
LastLegend7 (Offline)
ThisIsTheArtOfBreaking

Send a message via Yahoo to LastLegend7
question with no answer - 02-23-2008, 05:32 AM

okay i ask ppl this but they nvr knw... what makes a anime good. what's taht element in a anime taht u lok for, the one taht draws ur attention
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Masato (Offline)
dog

02-23-2008, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastLegend7 View Post
okay i ask ppl this but they nvr knw... what makes a anime good. what's taht element in a anime taht u lok for, the one taht draws ur attention
The character shouldn't look like shit. That's what I look for. No, seriously!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
yukiNnight (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to yukiNnight
02-23-2008, 05:39 AM

i look for a funny story and good pics romance and their problems idk i just like anime
(#4 (permalink))
Old
LastLegend7 (Offline)
ThisIsTheArtOfBreaking

02-23-2008, 05:45 AM

umm, i understand. see when i write for my manga. i work towards a morle or theme. what themes do u like to see in manga and anime. mine (LastLegend[subtilte]) has more of a Trinity blood theme thing
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Masato (Offline)
dog

02-23-2008, 05:54 AM

I like seeing modern elements in anime, as well. That's probably why I like Eureka seveN, Dennou Coil, and Darker Than BLACK more than anime like Naruto and InuYasha.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Amnell (Offline)
W.o.W. I'm 66

Send a message via AIM to Amnell Send a message via Skype™ to Amnell
02-23-2008, 05:55 AM

Um... There's a reason there's no answer: that's a totally subjective question. It's like asking someone why they prefer Chinese food to Mexican, or why one guy prefers big breasts and another the athletic look.

Personally, I don't look for anything in an anime. I watch the first few episodes and if I get drawn into it, I watch it. I approach books the same way.

I can't think of who it was, but an author once said something like this:

When I look for a book, I only read the first sentence--if I'm not captured in the first sentence, then odds are the rest of the book isn't worth reading.

For me, it's the same with anime. If I'm not interested by the end of the first episode, it's done.

"The trouble with trying to make something idiot proof is that idiots are so smart." ~A corollary to Murphy's Law

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you actually make them think, they'll hate you. ~Don Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
But, that's always f-ed up individuals that kill in secluded areas up high in the mountains. Thats neither the army nor the governments agenda! I hope those people rott in hell, but an army or government shouldn't be judged by psycho individuals.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
LastLegend7 (Offline)
ThisIsTheArtOfBreaking

02-23-2008, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnell View Post
Um... There's a reason there's no answer: that's a totally subjective question. It's like asking someone why they prefer Chinese food to Mexican, or why one guy prefers big breasts and another the athletic look.

Personally, I don't look for anything in an anime. I watch the first few episodes and if I get drawn into it, I watch it. I approach books the same way.

I can't think of who it was, but an author once said something like this:

When I look for a book, I only read the first sentence--if I'm not captured in the first sentence, then odds are the rest of the book isn't worth reading.

For me, it's the same with anime. If I'm not interested by the end of the first episode, it's done.

LOL, my teacher said that qoute. im just being genral, Plus there is a answer 4 everything. sum answers r just harder to explain than other hence out personal preferances.

u do what i do when finding sumthing new. ironic
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Amnell (Offline)
W.o.W. I'm 66

Send a message via AIM to Amnell Send a message via Skype™ to Amnell
02-23-2008, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastLegend7 View Post
LOL, my teacher said that qoute. im just being genral, Plus there is a answer 4 everything. sum answers r just harder to explain than other hence out personal preferances.
Mmmm, I disagree there :P . Questions that involve opinions as answers have no real answers--only opinions. Something that is subjective can't be gauged. I mean, you could ask someone and get an answer, but asking another person would most likely yield a different answer and so there cannot be one answer to the question.

"The trouble with trying to make something idiot proof is that idiots are so smart." ~A corollary to Murphy's Law

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you actually make them think, they'll hate you. ~Don Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
But, that's always f-ed up individuals that kill in secluded areas up high in the mountains. Thats neither the army nor the governments agenda! I hope those people rott in hell, but an army or government shouldn't be judged by psycho individuals.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

02-23-2008, 06:18 AM

Two main factors.

One: The quality of the animation. The more fluid and dynamic is is the better. Akira would be the best example of this.

Two: The story's ability to pull me in emotionally. Kanon, Welcome the the NHK, Samurai Champloo, Gundam Seed, annddd... 5 Centemeter's Per Second are good examples of what has the ability to draw me right into the story and feel.

A distant third is just pure amazement. Akira again would be an example of this. Shock and awe at what the anime does is basically what I'm coming from here.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
LastLegend7 (Offline)
ThisIsTheArtOfBreaking

02-23-2008, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnell View Post
Mmmm, I disagree there :P . Questions that involve opinions as answers have no real answers--only opinions. Something that is subjective can't be gauged. I mean, you could ask someone and get an answer, but asking another person would most likely yield a different answer and so there cannot be one answer to the question.
if the answer is a opinion, guess what. it's an answer, lol, anyway im not asking for 1 answer. im asking what ppl like in anime hech there opinion which is the general answer im looking for. not a set fact like 2 + 2 = 4. i could also go it a speech about how that's not true but that's off topic.