LinkBack Thread Tools
(#61 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-11-2008, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
Or you could even say terrorists... They do something that will end their lives without questioning it because they believe it would be for the greater good...

And no, i haven't seen that film. I'll have to check it out!...
there is a valid point there - no matter what your opinion of terrorists kamikaze's etc. there is no doubt that they are the most lethal type of assasin - truly if you ever got one of them after you - RUN !! LMAO !!

btw - i belive Ninja is better - i tell u why - i love samurai i love the sword but i dont believe in all that dignity and honour bs. in war.

a while ago i watched a program in which a ninja master (old guy) was being interviwed somwhere out east and he was showing all these fantastic moves that could potentially kill someone and then all of a sudden he pulled a 9mm pistol out of his top and said...."WE ADAPT" - lmao - u gotta luv it !

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !
(#62 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

03-11-2008, 05:23 PM

If I told you I knew the answer, then I'd be lying... I have no Idea how our brain works, but I believe it decifers it because we don't even know if what I see as blue is what you see as blue... Does that make sense? ie. The colour that I see as being blue, might not be the same colour as you see being blue, but even then we still call it the same colour...
(#63 (permalink))
Old
wbslngr (Offline)
♥Isn't my avatar kawaii

Thumbs up 03-11-2008, 05:40 PM

NINJA ALL THE WAY. -vote vote-

http://www.japanforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16319&dateline=1188163573
♥ Kawaii-ness ♥

Proud Member of The Golden Doritos

Proud Member of The Platinum Donut Society

I'm known as Beanie or Mame-chan.
(#64 (permalink))
Old
Amnell (Offline)
W.o.W. I'm 66

Send a message via AIM to Amnell Send a message via Skype™ to Amnell
03-11-2008, 10:20 PM

You'll have to forgive the highly technical and brain-murdering quote here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.rialian.com/rnboyd/dna-wave.doc
The 6th level concerns the genome’s quantum nonlocality. Up to the 6th level, the nonlocality of bio-information is realized within the space of an organism. The 6th level has, however, a special nature; not only because it is realized at a quantum level, but also because it works both throughout the space of a biosystem and in a biosystems own time frame. The billions of an organism’s cells therefore "know" about each other instantaneously, allowing the cell set is to regulate and coordinate its metabolism and its own functions. Thus, nonlocality can be postulated to be the key factor explaining the astonishing evolutionary achievement of multicellular biosystems. This factor says that bioinformatic events, can be instantaneously coordinated, taking place "here and there simultaneously", and that in such situations the concept of "cause and effect" loses any sense. This is of a great importance! The intercellular diffusion of signal substances and of the nervous processes is far too inertial for this purpose.
(All emphasis mine)

Translation: Every cell in your body is aware of every other cell on a quantum level. They're all aware of what the others are doing. Because they are constantly in such rapport, transmission of information is instantaneous. This of course makes more sense than having all your cells rely on chemical messengers and electrical signals to carry messages throughout the nervous system--such a process is simply too slow.

Interpretation: Since your whole being is talking to itself in an instantaneous fashion, the very microsecond that you put your hand on a burner and damage occurs, your nervous system knows it, even if you consciously don't. You jerk your hand away to stop the damage to your system, and THEN you think about it.

Again, don't mistake awareness for consiousness. I can be aware of being watched, even if I don't consciously know of anyone in the vicinity. Playing Halo, I can react to an enemy popping out in front of me and not realize that I had an appropriate reaction until seconds later. Sparring, I block a punch and throw a counter without actually thinking about it. This is all because I am aware of what's around me as it's happening. I don't have to think about it to be aware of it. That means I agree with you that thought takes time, but thought isn't the only thing your nervous system accomplishes.

The quote that I gave is a tiny tiny portion of that paper. The whole paper is really brainy and a little difficult to follow, but I recommend you read it. Apparently, the people that did the experiments and wrote the paper are all very highly credited and credible, so I wouldn't outright dispute what they say just because you heard it from me, if I were you.

Void sounds like a very confusing thing... Perhaps it is something like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.rialian.com/rnboyd/holographic-subquantum.htm
I go on from this point to explain that, while the analogy of a “hard drive” is convenient, we are not dealing with an actual physical construct, as the sub-quantum realm exists outside of space-time. I ask them to think of their individual “storage space” as “whirlpools in the river”; i.e., they have their own individual characteristics, but are “composed” of the same “substance” (again, I make clear that we are using analogy, and not speaking literally — many of these people tend to be VERY literal, as you might imagine from their professions!) as the rest of the sub-quantum realm. In other words, their own “personal” holographic storage space, rather than being “partitioned off” from the rest of the sub-quantum realm, is actually part-and-parcel of the holographic “fabric” of the sub-quantum realm. They are able to access their “data” and “programs” strictly by virtue of their physical/energetic resonant signature

In that article, he also talks about "bioelectric fields" as being the same thing as "Chi energy" or an "aura". You can read it, this one's not very long nor is it as brainy as the first article.

Some food for thought. It's still making me do mental gymnastics, so have fun XD ^_^; .

"The trouble with trying to make something idiot proof is that idiots are so smart." ~A corollary to Murphy's Law

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you actually make them think, they'll hate you. ~Don Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
But, that's always f-ed up individuals that kill in secluded areas up high in the mountains. Thats neither the army nor the governments agenda! I hope those people rott in hell, but an army or government shouldn't be judged by psycho individuals.
(#65 (permalink))
Old
Amnell (Offline)
W.o.W. I'm 66

Send a message via AIM to Amnell Send a message via Skype™ to Amnell
03-12-2008, 03:04 AM

Hmm, see it sounded to me like we were talking about perception. All that stuff about how it takes time for information to go from your eyes to your brain, then to be interpreted by your brain, then for you to think about what to do about it, etc.

What you said was that our consciousness is about a second behind reality because it takes time for our consciousness to percieve, and so we can never truly experience "reality". That's incorrect. Perception is instant. We live in reality. Our minds know reality. What they do with respect to reality is what takes time.

So, yes, ordered process is necessary. Here it is: perception, reaction, analysis, reasoning, decision-making. Perceptiong being instantaneous, reaction very fast, and the rest proceeding relatively slowly.

All cells were included in his statements. Basically because you can take one cell from anywhere in the body and make a carbon-copy of the original (cloning)."Instant" means just that--the instant that something happens within your perceptive "area", you percieve it in the same instant, even if you haven't consciously noticed it. This is how those tv magic tricks where you pick a face out of a bunch of faces and the guy says which face you're thinking about work. They have a person, whose face appears in the choices, standing in the camera background where you don't really notice him, but you percieve that he's there and your consciouss mind selects the face from all the others that seems most... "near", I guess. Anyway, instant is a literal term in this instance.

And I said that I agree with you that consiouss thought takes time, but that's about all that takes time.

If you were talking about the process of analyzing, reasoning, and sorting something in your head (consciouss thought), then you should have made that more clear.

The notion that our every experience is only lived because of memory, or every perception experience because we remember experiencing it before, is ludicrous. That creates a chicken/egg paradox! "Wait, you have to have memory to have experience, but you have to have experience to have memory?!" You said something about the process of recording experiences begins in the womb. This is possible, but in the womb, you can't see anything, you don't understand what's happening in the outside world (you don't know you're in a car or that your mother is watching tv and not talking to another person).

Maybe it's just the concept is both hard to explain and hard to grasp, but so far what you've said about consciousness makes no sense....

None of what I've said or what the experts said invalidates what you're always trying so hard to explain to me. All it does is force you to reevaluate and revise. Philosophy is supposed to be self-correcting, just like science. Not that I'm saying that any of the data I presented is true--it's theoretical right now, heavily substantiated etc., but not guarenteed to be truth. So you can discard it if you wish, though I myself would not.

*sigh*

I know I'm frustrating you, Tenchu-senpai. Honestly, I don't mean to!!! I'm trying to understand what you're telling me, but I'm also trying to make sure it fits with what I understand of the world. So if you're really sick of this discussion, you may end it if you wish, but I'll be left hanging ^_^; .

"The trouble with trying to make something idiot proof is that idiots are so smart." ~A corollary to Murphy's Law

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you actually make them think, they'll hate you. ~Don Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
But, that's always f-ed up individuals that kill in secluded areas up high in the mountains. Thats neither the army nor the governments agenda! I hope those people rott in hell, but an army or government shouldn't be judged by psycho individuals.
(#66 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

03-12-2008, 07:58 AM

Tenchu, you know, I forgot to write this earlier... If you wanna be philosophical about this... Then nothing is instantaneous anyway... Even if our brain realised things instantaneously, it didn't happen just then... It also takes time for light to bounce off objects and then to reach your eyes, it also takes time for sound to travel to your ears etc.

What I don't understand is why this is important? You do realise that things in our body and cells happen at the speed of light right? Once we touch something cold, the message gets sent to our brains at the speed of light also... So there is nothing closer to a instantaneous than something travelling at the speed of light...

Can you explain why this is relevant to Bushido. To me, this is just being philosophical and means nothing.
(#67 (permalink))
Old
Sutiiven (Offline)
nothingness

03-13-2008, 02:47 AM

i would have to say ninja is based more on tactis like speed and stealth and have short equipment for easier killing and already have strategy for what

they do and since samurai would be basically a front to front fighters and are weighed down by all the clothes and armor and have swords for long

distance and in this situtation i would say ninja . Since they are both different types of groups with different skills and i guess it would depend on the type of situation they are in .
(#68 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

03-13-2008, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Mn, good question. When I worte all that I included the perception of the heart/spirit as well, which in other terms, has more of a relevant chance at actually grasping into the exact moment of existence - this is what I would describe as 'enlightenment', when your spirit/heart reaches this moment.

I was really trying to point out the falseness in the reality men live, where they arn't even living in the moment of reality. Even if only by a billionth of a second, man is really just like a robot with his body, just that he is made of more complex materials than we would assume a robot to be made of.

A Warrior must realize that his body has no value, and it is his heart that must lead him around. This is how he comes to terms with death on the largest of scale. If you believe your body does not even know what reality is to begin with, that it can only imagine what it might be like based on memory, then I believe it assists in the entire concept of Bushido.

Bushido is 100% about physical worthlessness, and raising the heart. You understand?
Yeah, I get it now... So it's basically saying, your body is a tool (weapon), and that you are never really living in true reality so you death should not scare you because you're never actually alive (in reality).
(#69 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

03-13-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Yeah, that's about it... I have tried to dramatize on the idea by explaining in detail all the exact points as to why people think like this, and I have tried to write about how the heart/spirit and body are two seperate things. Most of what I said about understanding that conciousness is more like a river of memory compareable to the data you see on the computer screen rather than the world aware and consious being we all get the impression we are. Yet, I am really just explaining in my detailed attempts to tell what Warriors and Monks have been saying for years, it is nothing original. Kind of like the big bang scientists trying to back up Muhamad ... If it really was the big bang he was writing about...
Lol, I like the last couple of lines... you had to add that didn't yya

I get what you're saying now apart from the heart/spirit thing... I don't think I could understand that unless I think of the heart and the brain having different "thoughts" per se...
(#70 (permalink))
Old
Sundae16 (Offline)
mmmm...hi xD

03-17-2008, 08:30 PM

Actually, I decided, I'd be a ninja .