JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

Maid Machinegun - 07-17-2008, 04:32 AM

I was wondering if anyone else had read this new fiction. I am only about 40 pages in, and it seems to be a love-it or hate-it story written like an online diary of an up-and-coming maid cafe maid.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

Send a message via AIM to Aota Send a message via MSN to Aota Send a message via Yahoo to Aota Send a message via Skype™ to Aota
08-01-2008, 07:30 PM

Ah, no. But, why the title Maid Machinegun?

The color of the sala flower reveals the truth that is... To flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure.

Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!

Like a passing dream on a night in Spring. The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-01-2008, 08:21 PM

Thanks, WhySoSerious for bringing a little attention to this book.

It's about a girl working at a Maid Cafe in Akihabara. The machine guns don't come in until much later, but if you are interested in Akihabara or otaku culture you should give it a spin.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

Send a message via AIM to Aota Send a message via MSN to Aota Send a message via Yahoo to Aota Send a message via Skype™ to Aota
08-01-2008, 08:33 PM

Is it translated at all? And if it is, do you by any chance have a link that you could post?

Oh.. It has nothing to do with a maid, or anything, but have you read Confessions of a Yakuza? I found it very enlightening to how a real crime boss of Japan really lived, and grew up. Chronicles talk about him dealing with hardships like syphillis, the cold hardships serving in Korea, the night boats, gambling, crooked cops, working in the coal mines, and such. He even discussed how he went through the Kobe Earthquake, I believe.

It was a very good read.

The color of the sala flower reveals the truth that is... To flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure.

Like a passing dream on a night in Spring. The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-01-2008, 09:32 PM

I'll have to check that one out...it sounds good.

Del Rey Online | Maid Machinegun by Aaliyah

Translated into English
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

08-03-2008, 03:41 AM

It really was. I think I was able to purchase it from Barnes & Noble for only 7.98 USD? I'm not exactly sure about the exchange rate over in Japan though. But, once I started the book, I wasn't able to put it down.

Ah, some Maid Machinegun is a light novel, or manga? And I'm not sure if you know, but is that an Uzi submachinegun?

(#7 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-03-2008, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aota View Post
It really was. I think I was able to purchase it from Barnes & Noble for only 7.98 USD? I'm not exactly sure about the exchange rate over in Japan though. But, once I started the book, I wasn't able to put it down.

Ah, some Maid Machinegun is a light novel, or manga? And I'm not sure if you know, but is that an Uzi submachinegun?
Light novel...there are a couple pages of manga, but it's a novel, basically.

I think an Uzi is a machinegun....?
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

08-03-2008, 04:10 AM

Mm, alright.

An Uzi is a machinegun. I was just inquiring as to whether the maid is holding an Uzi or some other machinegun. x]

(#9 (permalink))
Old
acidblue75 (Offline)
.....ok your speacial....

Send a message via MSN to acidblue75 Send a message via Yahoo to acidblue75
08-03-2008, 04:34 AM

wow i just checked out maid machinegun an it seems like a really good read as does confessions of a yakuza. ill see if i can find both at the local barens & noble. If you get the chance check out speed tribes its a slightly older book but very good.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

08-03-2008, 04:47 AM

Ohhhhh! How I've wanted to read that book ever since I first starting reading about bosozuka! >.<

*cough*

Anyway. Yes, Confessions of a Yakuza is a very enlightening book. Certainly changed how I thought about the yakuza.

Sadly, I've yet to even start Maid Machinegun. :[