JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Anime & Manga (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/anime-manga/)
-   -   Advent Children Complete: FFVII (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/anime-manga/17923-advent-children-complete-ffvii.html)

XjapanFOREVER 08-02-2008 09:03 PM

Advent Children Complete: FFVII

So, it's being released March of next year (2009), and will contain a playable demo of FFXIII, and new trailers for VS XIII, and something else... I forgot what...lol

so, Who's getting...

I know I am..

I'll probably throw a party like I did for the original movie...

Ariana 08-02-2008 09:29 PM

UM, I HADN'T HEARD OF A NEW FFVII MOVIE....IS IT A SEQUEL TO THE ORIGINAL ADVENT CHILDREN??? I LOVE ADVENT CHILDREN, THAT MOVIE ROCKS! :rheart: :vsign:

Tyrien 08-02-2008 09:31 PM

Seeing as how no matter how much upscaling is done the DVD still looks crappy on my 46" 1080p TV, yes. Yes I am.

mangapunkrocker 08-02-2008 09:41 PM

No Way

i am totally obsessed over final fantasy! OH MY GOSH I"M JUMPING OFF MY SEAT!!! I can't wait!!!!!DAMN RIGHT I'M GETTING IT(SORRY FOR MY CHOICE OF WORDS)

XjapanFOREVER 08-02-2008 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ariana (Post 553910)
UM, I HADN'T HEARD OF A NEW FFVII MOVIE....IS IT A SEQUEL TO THE ORIGINAL ADVENT CHILDREN??? I LOVE ADVENT CHILDREN, THAT MOVIE ROCKS! :rheart: :vsign:

It's a director's cut, pretty much..
new scenes, some old scenes have been altered/enhanced.
Will be full 1080p HD, Blu-Ray only.
we're kind of hoping they stick truer to the character personalities, especially Cid, "SIT DOWN AND DRINK YOUR GODDAMN TEA!"

lol

Ariana 08-02-2008 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XjapanFOREVER (Post 553919)
It's a director's cut, pretty much..
new scenes, some old scenes have been altered/enhanced.
Will be full 1080p HD, Blu-Ray only.
we're kind of hoping they stick truer to the character personalities, especially Cid, "SIT DOWN AND DRINK YOUR GODDAMN TEA!"

lol

OH, THANKS.
YEAH, I AM GONNA GET IT!
I LOVE FFVII!!!!!!!!

Tyrien 08-02-2008 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ariana (Post 553922)
OH, THANKS.
YEAH, I AM GONNA GET IT!
I LOVE FFVII!!!!!!!!

o.O You have a blu-ray player, right?

ivi0nk3y 08-02-2008 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XjapanFOREVER (Post 553905)
So, it's being released March of next year (2009), and will contain a playable demo of FFXIII, and new trailers for VS XIII, and something else... I forgot what...lol

so, Who's getting...

I know I am..

I'll probably throw a party like I did for the original movie...

Oh hell yea ima get it.
Btw, VS XIII? What's that.

Tyrien 08-02-2008 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y (Post 553928)
Oh hell yea ima get it.
Btw, VS XIII? What's that.

It's part of the Fabula Nova Crystalis compilation that FFXIII is part of. There's 3 games announced so far (apparently more to come with the whole compilation). Agito XIII is a PSP game, FFXIII is 360 (NA/EU only) and PS3 (world) and then there's VS XIII.

VSXIII is a completely different story taking place in FFXIII's world with a different character. Rather than the traditional RPG that FFXIII is leaning towards FFVSXIII will be an action adventure RPG. Think Dirge of Cerberus but not so restricting.

ivi0nk3y 08-02-2008 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrien (Post 553929)
It's part of the Fabula Nova Crystalis compilation that FFXIII is part of. There's 3 games announced so far (apparently more to come with the whole compilation). Agito XIII is a PSP game, FFXIII is 360 (NA/EU only) and PS3 (world) and then there's VS XIII.

VSXIII is a completely different story taking place in FFXIII's world with a different character. Rather than the traditional RPG that FFXIII is leaning towards FFVSXIII will be an action adventure RPG. Think Dirge of Cerberus but not so restricting.

Hmm interesting. Guess i'll get a PS3 afterall.

XjapanFOREVER 08-02-2008 11:17 PM

VS looks badass, You can watch the newest trailer here.
Of course by new I meaen it's from the CLOUD DVD that released in December of 2007..

kick-ass, nonetheless..

we'll get a demo of XIII on ACC...
That's awesome...

more news!!!!!
In this interview it's stated that the demo that will be available on the second disc of Advent Children Complete, will be "quite large"

also, it should be noted that the PS3 version of XIII in all territories besides Japan, will be delayed until the XBOX port is finished.... just another reason to hate Microsoft....

Square Enix: 360 FFXIII development hasn't begun - Xbox 360 News at GameSpot

Aota 08-03-2008 04:36 AM

I never heard news about Agito XIII. I'm pretty excited about that now though. I need a new FF game after I completed, and dominated Crisis Core.

I already own Advent Children. I'm a fan like any other, but... I don't feel like purchasing a movie I already own. :\

XjapanFOREVER 08-03-2008 05:29 AM

I made two bootleg copies of the DVD before it came to America, one with subs and one without. I bought the DVD when it was released, then I bought the Special Edition when it was released, now I'm buying ACC, Square is making a fortune off me...lol

YoshimiTheEthereal 08-03-2008 05:29 AM

I can't wait until this movie comes out! :pinksong: I have been waiting for so long! I am the biggest AC fan I know, so this is really great! I just have to wait until I get my college money next year to be able to afford a blueray player or PS3 to buy it . . .

Does anyone know when the Square Enix party is? I know it's at least within a few days. They're supposed to talk about the movie then. I hope they put more Yazoo in it, as well as a bit more dirt and some torn clothing.

XjapanFOREVER 08-03-2008 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshimiTheEthereal (Post 554203)
Does anyone know when the Square Enix party is?

dude, search for my thread in the games section, "DK(Sigma)3713 Update Thread" it started yesterday...

XjapanFOREVER 08-03-2008 06:46 AM

It was awarded with the best anime feature award, therefore it's an anime.
please spam somewhere else..

American Anime Awards Honor Advent Children | Game | Life from Wired.com

Hikairu 08-03-2008 04:58 PM

i'm soo getting that. I just need a ps3 which comes soon so Hell yeah!:vsign:

Tyrien 08-03-2008 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XjapanFOREVER (Post 554202)
I made two bootleg copies of the DVD before it came to America, one with subs and one without. I bought the DVD when it was released, then I bought the Special Edition when it was released, now I'm buying ACC, Square is making a fortune off me...lol

The special edition came out in north america the same time the normal release. I know because I bought 2 disct special edition a week from release.

I had already seen it several times too before I bought it but... sorry even if you're a fan buying the normal DVD is a COMPLETER waste of money if you're getting the special edition. The whole point of the special edition is for the fans, that's why it's there. But okayyyy.

I will buy the blu-ray though. One, it's more of a movie than before, and two the HD.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLastFortnight (Post 554219)
Although, it may count as anime (in CG), I think it's so much game related, that you should post it on the games section...

Except it's a move based of the STORY of a game. But yea if we wanted to talk about resident evil, or doom we'd put it in the games section, right?

XjapanFOREVER 08-03-2008 05:37 PM

I'm talking about teh one that came in a little box, with post-cards, a script, the On the Way to a Smile book, and so on.....

It's the "Limited Edition Collector's Set"

lulu 08-07-2008 05:17 PM

I'll Get That Thing No Matter What Happens!!!!!!

animelover32 08-07-2008 06:33 PM

Yes, being the nerd I am I'll definitly get this. Cid better be the Cid we all know and love otherwise Enix is gonna have a pissed off fangirl on their hands.

XjapanFOREVER 08-07-2008 07:08 PM

Agreed animelover...

That was one of the only complaints I had bout AC (besides the lack of story..lol)But they openly said that they wanted AC to be viewable by the entire fan-base and that they planned on ACC from the very beginning...

hopefully they won't disappoint..

30 minutes of new stuff.... hopefully some of it's good...lol

*I personally want to see the first scene we ever saw of the movie....
Cloud on fenrir racing down the highway toward Kadaj, Kadaj casting magic, Cloud and Fenrir being launched into the air, Cloud and Kadaj clashing swords... it was soooo kick-ass..... and not even in the movie...

harpoondude 08-07-2008 09:34 PM

I'm really hating square at the minute. Well not hating... just... ZOMG DAMN YOU. They're releasing final fantasy games on every console they can. And the only way for me to complete my collection is to buy the consoles. So, once I have a little money spare. PS3, PSP, DS, will all be sitting in my room. As well as the final fantasies released on them.

... Why can't they just release them all to Sonys main console, PS3. Like they did with PS, PS2. It's all spread out now. It's going to cost me an arm and a leg, seriously, going to pawn them for the cash.

Aota 08-07-2008 10:04 PM

I wish Red XIII and Cait Sith had bigger parts, too... >.>

Tyrien 08-07-2008 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harpoondude (Post 557318)
I'm really hating square at the minute. Well not hating... just... ZOMG DAMN YOU. They're releasing final fantasy games on every console they can. And the only way for me to complete my collection is to buy the consoles. So, once I have a little money spare. PS3, PSP, DS, will all be sitting in my room. As well as the final fantasies released on them.

... Why can't they just release them all to Sonys main console, PS3. Like they did with PS, PS2. It's all spread out now. It's going to cost me an arm and a leg, seriously, going to pawn them for the cash.

Quite the opposite. It's so they can make more money.

harpoondude 08-07-2008 10:57 PM

Opposite of what? I never said otherwise, thanks for pointing that unobvious bit of info out. Wonder why else they would be doing it. My post was more of a desperate plea for people to feel sorry for me lol. Nah just kidding. You know what I mean.

ivi0nk3y 08-07-2008 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harpoondude (Post 557382)
Opposite of what? I never said otherwise, thanks for pointing that unobvious bit of info out. Wonder why else they would be doing it.

Well he's right about one thing. It obviously makes em more money.

Tyrien 08-08-2008 12:54 AM

Looking at install bases alone in North America. The 360 has 10,000,000 xboxes "sold" (no, whether or not that accurately represents the number of consoles actually being played is something different). No matter how you look at it that's a huge market to ignore.

Money.

Anyway, I await march for this game. Ohhhh mmm...

XjapanFOREVER 08-08-2008 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harpoondude (Post 557318)

Stay on Topic, Please.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrien (Post 557436)
Anyway, I await march for this game. Ohhhh mmm...

IT'S A MOVIE!!!

Tyrien 08-08-2008 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XjapanFOREVER (Post 557472)
Stay on Topic, Please.

IT'S A MOVIE!!!

Yea...

I was thinking of the demo :P

mangapunkrocker 08-08-2008 02:38 AM

okay so my big question is if the movie is coming out is it a new one of final fantasy seven? me and my friend are dying to know!!!!

Tyrien 08-08-2008 02:41 AM

Same move as before but with more content/redone visuals and of course sexy 1080p.

XjapanFOREVER 08-08-2008 02:45 AM

It's "dead sexy 1080p" don't confuse it with "sexy 1080p"

anyways, yea, they say they added about 30 minutes of new content, and that's not counting the extra stuff like dirt on Clouds face or anything........lol

mangapunkrocker 08-08-2008 03:11 AM

awesome i'm so excited!!!!! i can't wait....do you think it's going to be really expensive?

XjapanFOREVER 08-08-2008 03:58 AM

I guess it'll be the same price as any other Blu-Ray movie.
around 29-34 USD (of course it only has a JP release planned, but it was previously announced that they would put an English Language track on the JP release, so as long as you have a JP or a US PS3 you should be fine...)

sakari09 08-08-2008 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrien (Post 557482)
Same move as before but with more content/redone visuals and of course sexy 1080p.

The same movie huh? Well...considering I'm not the richest person on the planet, I'll prob watch my friend's if she gets it. My BF--his nickname is Kadaj around our group. LOL--is obsessed with FFVII. I'm still into it, just not as much as I was.:chococat:

Ariana 08-08-2008 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrien (Post 553925)
o.O You have a blu-ray player, right?

YEP! SO I'M READY FOR IT! XD

paul999 08-08-2008 09:04 PM

Cant wait to get it, is gonna be great!

XjapanFOREVER 08-08-2008 09:15 PM

more awesome Cloud vs Seph...
I hope this time around it's even more epic!!!

ThirdSight 08-08-2008 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XjapanFOREVER (Post 553919)
SIT DOWN AND DRINK YOUR GODDAMN TEA!

Perk your ears up towards the end of the movie, when Cloud's pouring water on the kid's head in the church. When everyone rushes into the pool, Barrett screams out, "That's some crazy water!"

Don't know if that's in character or not, but I'll be damned if that's not the funniest lines I'll ever hear from a movie character, real actor, CGI, or otherwise.

And yeah, I'll most likely be picking up the new FFAC movie.