Old
QueenNanami (Offline)
I'll go with that!

Send a message via AIM to QueenNanami Send a message via MSN to QueenNanami
07-08-2007, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidreptile View Post
Full Metal Panic Fumoffu!
agreed that was one of the best animes ive seen in a long time! cromartie high is also good for a parody anime

"The ignorant are mere stepping stones on the path to enlightenment."

"People can always have a judgment about anything you do. So it doesn't bother me. Everything can be strange to someone." - Michael Jackson
(#553 (permalink))
Old
japanpwnz (Offline)
New to JF

07-10-2007, 01:35 AM

hmmm im not a huge full metal alchemist fan but i do like pretty much all anime so i should give it another shot
(#554 (permalink))
Old
starzhidefire (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to starzhidefire Send a message via Yahoo to starzhidefire
07-10-2007, 09:51 PM

Some of my favorites are

DN Angel
Vampire Hunter D
Bleach
Demon Lord Dante
Boogiepop phantom

i like alot of dark evil anime :P
(#555 (permalink))
Old
eggielax (Offline)
New to JF

Thumbs up anime freak - 07-11-2007, 09:12 AM

i love almost every anime i watch like beserk, tri gun, cowboy bebop, ruroni kenshin, naruto, vampire hunter d, ninja scrolls, full metal alchemist, outlaw star , etc..... thats just a few i have and like. If anyone can suggest any other good titles i am open to suggestions.
(#556 (permalink))
Old
eggielax (Offline)
New to JF

07-11-2007, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddevil View Post
i think death note is the best anime after berserk
havent seen death note but beserk is a bad @ss anime
(#557 (permalink))
Old
tinyjrocker (Offline)
loves your money

07-15-2007, 10:39 PM

Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANN
Trying to escape his uneventful life, Albert, the son of a renowned general from Paris, makes a journey with his friend Franz. During his travels, he meets an immensely wealthy nobleman named The Count of Monte Cristo. Living in luxurious hotels, surrounded by beautiful women and strong bodygaurds, the charming but enigmatic count fascinates Albert. Albert invites the count to join the high society of Paris. However, unknown to Albert, his father had once framed the count and took the count's fiancee as his own.

Episodes: 24
-ANN

Anyone post this series? It's really good! And the art is wonderful. I recommend it every much! It's a whole new take on the novel "The Count of Monte Cristo". They creators really did a great job on it.

It has action, suspense, drama, man~ It's hecka good. It's licensed by Geneon, so if you live in the US or anywhere Geneon released DVDs, you can get it. Maybe watch a trailer just to get a taste of it. But that doesn't do the series justice. The official website's trailer is not great, but the ones on the DVDs are WAY better! So maybe look on youtube for trailer if your interested.

I'm almost done with the series, only like 3 episode left,and I just keep on watching it over and over. And the this is one of the best dubbed anime I've seen, none of the characters voices in English sounds terrible or off, they fit well in my opinion.

Also other anime to watch:
Newer:
Texhnolyze
HeatGuy J
L/R
Blood+
D.Gray-Man
DEATH NOTE
Wolf's Rain
Jigoku Shoujo
Paradise Kiss
NANA

Older:
Urusei Yatsura
Key the Metal Idol
Please Save My Earth
Evangelion
Gundam Wing
Serial Experiments Lain

and more, but don't feel like naming 'em.

icon by-xnahnseex

Last edited by tinyjrocker : 07-19-2007 at 06:31 PM.
(#558 (permalink))
Old
OG2DFan (Offline)
New to JF

Recommendations - 07-18-2007, 01:01 AM

Series: All in original Japanese language. Dubs, of course, consistently ruin them.

Shin Seki Evangelion - Intense and dark psychological drama with dynamic action and overall quality and sophistication way ahead of its time for TV series. The first giant robot series that seemed almost plausible because it was so serious.

Tenkuu no Escaflowne - Sweeping, epic romance with lots of action and incredible soundtrack. Very polished and also ahead of its time for TV series. Animation is consistently of the highest quality. The soundtrack is, once again, amazing. A perfect example of why Yoko Kanno should be composing major film scores.

FLCL - Dynamic work of art. A groundbreaking stylistic achievement. The soundtrack is exceptional for an anime series.

Cowboy Bebop - Dynamic animation with incredible soundtrack (many staff from Escaflowne) but almost non existent major arc keeps it from top tier. Yoko Kanno does it again with an excellent soundtrack.

Samurai Shamploo - Dynamic animation with interesting art direction and ideas (also staff from Cowboy Bebop) but slipping further away from overall perfection of Escaflowne. Still artistically and episodically better than most.

Super Dimensional Fortress Macross- The grandaddy of modern animation with a strong story arc and characters that have emotion and depth that was hard to find at the time and still can be. Opened the door for the more sophisticated fare that can exist today IMHO. The animation was inconsistent, but when the A team did an episode, it was gorgeous. Off the top of my head, the episode where Hikaru/Rick and Minmei were trapped in a closed off section of the SDF-1 still looks better than most TV anime to this day and it was made more than 20 years ago. Find it in Japanese. It is worth it.

Toppu O Nerae 2 (Gunbuster 2) - Pure eye candy, but worth every bit. Not the best story but it is all about the incredible visuals and kinetic action that are some of the best you will see to this point. The visuals are incredibly polished and top notch throughout. The opening song is better than average.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Langann - The visual successor to Gunbuster 2 and FLCL, all Gainax productions I believe, Gurren Langann is so dynamic it almost explodes from your television. The action is so over the top it's hard not to get overwhelmed by the visuals. Gainax, more than any other studio breathes a visual life into their series that is hard to describe. More rough around the edges than Gunbuster 2, but art direction wins out over probable lower production budget here. Gainax TV/OVA series are the only ones that exist as an artistic expression of movement and composition regardless of content. They transend the format and traditional animation in general.

Feature: Also all Japanese language.

Akira - The most technically advanced and accomplished animated feature of its time, it still looks excellent to this day over 20 years later. The story is pretty good too.

Laputa: Castle in the Sky - All Miyazaki films have such an incredible sense of adventure and exploration. I think Laputa and the following two are his best examples of this. Two children have the adventure of a lifetime running from, and then with, sky pirates from an overbearing military and dark political figure searching for a mythical floating castle.

Porco Rosso - Maybe every boys dream... to live a life of pure adventure, as a pilot! Beautiful and romantic setting with lots of action and sympathetic characters.

Spirited Away - Visually beautiful and mystical in so many ways.

Please try to catch these if you haven't. There are many more, but these are some of the best. Make sure it's in Japanese though!!!!
(#559 (permalink))
Old
Shaelyn (Offline)
Fae of DOOM!

Send a message via AIM to Shaelyn
07-18-2007, 01:16 AM

The only two anime I've ever been obsessed with are Bleach and Fullmetal Alchemist. I got started in anime by watching cute ones like InuYasha, DNAngel, etc. etc...but they're honestly not my thing. King of Bandit Jing and Naruto are pretty decent.
I also like Mononoke Hime, Nausicaa and Sprited Away.
12 Kingdoms is also pretty good, what I've seen of it...but that's one that I put on the shelf and forget for months, and then have to go back and re-watch the same episodes to see where I was...so I never get far in that one.

thnx boboloko for the sig!
(#560 (permalink))
Old
cagalli (Offline)
New to JF

07-18-2007, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otakunekogirl View Post
Oh must watch anime to watch. This month they have nice new series.

Death Note, D-Gray Man, Bartender, Shounen Onmyouji, and Pumpkin Scissors.

Also watch Code Geass it's Clamp but with a mix of Gundam so for those who like Gundam here it is Clamp style.

I would also recommend Fullmetal Alchemist, Bleach, Shaman King, Ouran High School Host Club. I like these series because they have this originality to them.
I love Gundam Seed !

It is really wonderful ! The characters and the machines are really good looking .What's more ,the story is perfect and I like the opening music <Invoke> really much.><It's really worth watching!

http://t1.baidu.com/it/u=2887290926,...700&gp=-38.jpg

http://t2.baidu.com/it/u=3967013553,989793470&gp=46.jpg

this is Kira Yamato!
http://t5.baidu.com/it/u=3354445332,...5190&gp=48.jpg

this is Cagalli!!
http://t6.baidu.com/it/u=123162745,1782957814&gp=8.jpg