JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Tsuzuki (Offline)
冷血の私生児

Send a message via ICQ to Tsuzuki Send a message via MSN to Tsuzuki Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuzuki Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuzuki
Cool とらドラ! Toradora - 03-15-2009, 05:03 PM

I'm curious if I'm the only one here who watch Toradora oo....
the story espite Ryūji Takasu's gentle personality, his eyes make him look like an intimidating delinquent so he is utterly hopeless about his chances of getting a girlfriend anytime soon, and does not have many close friends either. After being greeted by his hungover mother in the morning, Ryūji goes to school and is happy to find that he gets to be in the same class as his best friend Yūsaku Kitamura and crush Minori Kushieda. However, it is then that he unexpectedly knocks into "the school's most dangerous animal of the highest risk level" — Taiga Aisaka — who just happens to also be in his class, and is a good friend of Minori.
well it not really my genre but I started it and it is really cool <3 especialy the opening song --->

ギャー(*0*((◎—————ー(°°; ) スッポヌケ〜
✿ あなた だけ が みれば いい... 狂気と真実は紙一重 ✿

そして坊やは眠りについて 息衝く灰の中の炎ひとつ、ふたつと 浮かぶふくらみ愛しい横顔 大地に垂るる幾千の夢、夢 銀の瞳のゆら(◕‿‿◕ )
It's a thin line between genius and stupidity. Once you cross it there is no going back!! Luckily I have tippex and a pen so I can just redraw it where I like!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA =_=

†♫†
(#2 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-15-2009, 05:31 PM

No.. never heard of it? whats it about and whats the anime in your sig?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

03-15-2009, 05:36 PM

The basic outline is in the first post of the thread. I've been watching the anime myself throughout it's run, and I would have to say it's one of the better examples of what anime is capable of doing. It takes a situation that's been done pretty much to death and removes all the "pantsu" and "kyaa!" and replaced it with sensible characterization and character/plot development.

There's only two episodes left in the series (making the whole run 25 episodes) according to Wikipedia, and far from just finishing up what plot remains were it a "regular" school drama, it's actually bringing everything (plot, character development, etc.) to what promises to be a very interesting conclusion.

I'd recommend it.

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Kenpachi11 (Offline)
高校生

03-15-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAD0W View Post
No.. never heard of it? whats it about and whats the anime in your sig?
the anime in her sig is D'gray man, the person in it is yu kanda he is a exorcist.

From the sky, To the ground
Rain is falling all around
Thunder rain and wind
A song of storms begins

Play a song, A melody
Then everybody will see
The hero of time
Has come
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Tsuzuki (Offline)
冷血の私生児

Send a message via ICQ to Tsuzuki Send a message via MSN to Tsuzuki Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuzuki Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuzuki
03-15-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
The basic outline is in the first post of the thread. I've been watching the anime myself throughout it's run, and I would have to say it's one of the better examples of what anime is capable of doing. It takes a situation that's been done pretty much to death and removes all the "pantsu" and "kyaa!" and replaced it with sensible characterization and character/plot development.

There's only two episodes left in the series (making the whole run 25 episodes) according to Wikipedia, and far from just finishing up what plot remains were it a "regular" school drama, it's actually bringing everything (plot, character development, etc.) to what promises to be a very interesting conclusion.

I'd recommend it.
OO..... so they stop after 25 eps?!?! oo...

It's a thin line between genius and stupidity. Once you cross it there is no going back!! Luckily I have tippex and a pen so I can just redraw it where I like!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA =_=

†♫†
(#6 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)

03-15-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
I'd recommend it.
Awesome! I'll take your word for it! Are there DVD's available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenpachi11 View Post
the anime in her sig is D'gray man, the person in it is yu kanda he is a exorcist.
For some reason.. I'm instantly put off.. I'm a tough customer though, I hate anime.. The only anime thats ever interested me is Akira/Dragonball Z (not DB or DBGT)/ Death Note/Ninja Scroll. I despise anything cutsey or mecha.

Except Love Hina, but that was awesome! Don't tell anyone, SHH!

Can you convince me other wise?
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

03-15-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Awesome! I'll take your word for it! Are there DVD's available?
It's very likely there are Japanese language DVDs out in Japan, but it's probably a long way from DVDs being available in the Western world. Though...

Quote:

...a complete set of DVDs of that are available.

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Tsuzuki (Offline)
冷血の私生児

03-15-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
For some reason.. I'm instantly put off.. I'm a tough customer though, I hate anime.. The only anime thats ever interested me is Akira/Dragonball Z (not DB or DBGT)/ Death Note/Ninja Scroll. I despise anything cutsey or mecha.

Can you convince me other wise?
But D.Gray-man is cool *.* btw I have a link in my sig "allens Piano play" thats a part from D.Gray-man but a soft kind part x3 normal it is more bloodyyyy x3

†♫†
(#9 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)

03-15-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
It's very likely there are Japanese language DVDs out in Japan, but it's probably a long way from DVDs being available in the Western world.
Thats fine by me, I'll manage with that I'll try yesasia.com or something.

Quote:
Though... ...a complete set of DVDs of that are available.
I know.. i has them. Lol no i don't. My ex did, but it was fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuzuki View Post
But D.Gray-man is cool *.* btw I have a link in my sig "allens Piano play" thats a part from D.Gray-man but a soft kind part x3 normal it is more bloodyyyy x3
Thats it? just cool? meh.

Piano music? I've heard enough..
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Tsuzuki (Offline)
冷血の私生児

03-15-2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:

Thats it? just cool? meh.

Piano music? I've heard enough..
no you don't x)

Set during the end of a fictional nineteenth century on Earth, D.Gray-man mostly centers around 15-year-old Allen Walker. In his childhood Allen was abandoned by his parents due to a 'deformed' left arm and was adopted by a man called Mana Walker. At some moment Mana died and Allen tried to revive him with the help of a person called Millennium Earl. Allen revives him but Mana reappears as a akuma (アクマ ,lit. demon?) that is ordered by the Millennium Earl to kill him. During that moment Allen is gifted with the ability to control a weaponized form of a divine substance from ages past, called Innocence and accidentally kills Mana. Before Mana dies, he curses Allen's left eye, which later gives him the ability to see the souls of akuma. After that Allen discovers that the Millennium Earl tries to trick those who have lost loved ones to turn their dead souls into akuma and decides to train himself in order to stop him. Soon he becomes an Exorcist from the Black Order, a secretive organization which aims to stop the plan set in motion by the Millennium Earl and to save the souls trapped as akuma. However, the Earl has raised an army of akuma, created by taking advantage of grief over a loved one's death, and summons the direct descendants of Noah himself, the 13-strong Noah Clan, to aid him in his second attempt. Because of the akuma's ability to wear a human's skin, they are nearly undetectable by any human. Allen proves to be a powerful asset as his 'cursed' left eye is able to detect the akuma.

†♫†