JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
okinawa11 (Offline)
Banned

名探偵コナン - 04-19-2009, 09:08 AM

Hi,

How many of you guys like to watch detective conan as i do?
De facto, i was wondering whether this animation is still produced so far or if it'd already finished because i actually did not watch the last episode anytime.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
ccppfan (Offline)
JF Regular

04-30-2009, 01:50 PM

MEMEMEMEMEMEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

And it's still goin' nice and strong!

MOVIE 13 CAME OUT LAST WEEK OMG!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to see it!!!!!!!!

And OVA 9 is gonna be a crack up. Trust me.

SPOILERSPOILER The Stranger After 10 Years. Everyone is 10 years older. SPOILERSPOILER

How wonderful.

P.S. Did you even watch up to ep. 127? Ai-chan~~~

OMG, is that Conan with a Pikachu on the street?!?!?! *rushes to see*

Oops.

It's a boy with glasses with his pet hamster.

~Member of the Anime Romance Clan~
*~Leader of the Falconess Clan~*
(#3 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
05-02-2009, 01:44 PM

Yep, I'm a big Meitantei Conan (Detective Conan) fan. I watch the show and sometimes read the manga. I haven't read every chapter, as I started keeping up with it for the later parts. I've also watched the two J-dramas for this series as well. I liked them for what they were...I just didn't like the actress who portrayed Ran.

I liked the movies too, and am really looking forward to movie 13. My favorites are:

Movie 01: Tokei Jikake no Matenrou (The Timed Bomb Skyscraper)
Movie 04: Hitomi no naka no Ansatsusha (Captured in her Eyes)
Movie 06: Baker Street no Bourei (The Phantom of Baker Street)
Movie 07: Meikyuu no Crossroad (Crossroad in the Ancient Capital) It was Heiji focused, so of course I loved it. lol Still an interesting translation, since the kanji used in the title for "meikyuu" can be read as "mystery" or "maze" or "Labyrinth".
Movie 09: Suiheisenjyou no Sutorateeji (Strategy Above Depths) I like the fact that Mouri did more for it.
Movie 10: Tanteitachi no Chinkonka (Requiem) (Requiem of the Detectives)

My favorite OVAs (and I'm really looking forward to OVA 9) are:

OVA 2: 16nin no Yougisha (16 Suspects)
OVA 5: Hyouteki wa Kogoro! Shounen Tanteidan Maruchichousa (The Target is Kogoro! The Detective Boys' Secret Investigation)
OVA 7: Agasa kara no Chousenjou! Agasa vs. Conan & Shounen Tanteidan (A Challenge from Agasa! Agasa vs Conan & Detective Boys)

OVA 8 I haven't seen yet. Sounds interesting though. It's supposed to be about Sonoko. And another OVA that I did like, was a side-story for movie 12. I liked that one a lot, since it dealt with a junior high Shinichi, skipping school, to solve a case. A character that was "heard" in this OVA, was a main character (only present time) for movie 12. The name of the special movie 12 OVA was Kudou Shinichi Nazo no Kabe to Kurouba Jiken (Kudo Shinichi. The Case of the Mysterious wall and the Black Lab Case).

My favorite characters are:

Haibara Ai/Miyano Shiho (Sherry): Even though her character is a bit of a pessimist, I still can't help but like her. Just like with Shinichi, she too aged backwards ten years because of the drug, which would technically make her eight. The only difference is that she was trying to kill herself and get out of the organization and purposely took it. She seeked out Shinichi/Conan and became a main character, also in hiding from the organization (especially after what happened to her older sister), and came up with the alias Haibara Ai. I also like how well she and Conan works together, as she's incredibly smart and "gifted" too. Either way, can't help but feel sorry for Ai. It would be nice to have her gain her ten years back, aside from that one time (that I know of) so far, but even then, she was almost killed since she's a target too. Maybe one day she'll be able to really come up with a drug that'll reverse the effects permanently. For "Case Closed" was her character ever introduced into the series?

Hatori Heiji: I loved him from the first time I saw him in...ep 50 I think it was. He's just so cool, and I like how they like to put emphasis on his way of talking and his choice of words due to the fact that he's not from the Kanto region of Japan. I like how no matter what, as Conan has told Heiji, jokingly, that Heiji will always be "second" and how he will always be first because of the Kanji "ichi" which means "one" being in his name. lol I like their friendly rivalry.

Tsuburaya Mitsuhiko: Mitsuhiko is my favorite of the three Shounen Tanteidan members, or whatever. He's conscientious and smart. I find his character adorable too, especially when it seems he has a crush on Ayumi, but also confused, since he has a liking towards Ai (who, imo, likes Conan). Overall, though, he's a very good asset to the group. He's pretty good when it comes to puzzles...like those involving Kanji readings.

Hondou Eisuke: I honestly miss his character. IMO, he really made the story interesting, and it would've been nice to have someone else after "Ran" romantically , especially since Eisuke admitted (to Conan) that he liked Ran and would like to take her to America with him and maybe marry her. Conan's reaction (manga and anime) were priceless, imo. lol I like the reason Eisuke gave for "confessing" to Conan of all people in the first place. lol I also miss Eisuke's character because of everything dealing with the organization and his indirect connections to it through his sister Rena and Conan being extremely suspicious of him.

Satou Miwako: I just like her for being "badass". lol

Another character I was amused with when she first was introduced into series was Jodie Starling. Even though I'm no native speaker of Japanese, I found the way she spoke it kind of odd and seems that was done purposely. I love how Heiji noticed it too and called her on it and how she used the reverse on him with his English.

And just for the heck of it, my favorite pairings are:

Conan x Ai
Shinichi x Ran
Mitsuhiko x Ayumi
Mitsuhiko x Ai (I kinda like his crush on her)
Heiji x Kazuha
Shuichi x Jodie
(#4 (permalink))
Old
ccppfan (Offline)
JF Regular

05-06-2009, 02:09 PM

*claps* looong reply

As you did it, so will I.

~Fav. Characters~

Haibara Ai/Miyano Shiho/Sherry--She's just downright cool and a bit soft. And she likes animals! Like me!! And I love how she sort of likes Conan but doesn't admit it. ("Anita Hailey" isn't introduced yet, no)

Kaitou Kid 1412/Kuroba Kaito: Absolute jokester, girl-tamer, master of magic tricks, phantom thief, hot guy in a white tuxedo... What's not to like?

Hattori Heiji: He's good. He's hot (kind of) and he's really smart! (Harley UGH)

Toyama Kazuha: CUTE ACCENT!!

Miwako Satou: Her numb affection for Tagaki... XD

~Fav. OVAs~

OVA 1: OMG KID VS CONAN VS YAIBA

OVA 8: Hahaha how did Amazing Grace fit in anyway.

OVA 9: OKAY this doesn't count but I'M WAITING.

Magic File 2: Shinichi in jr. high!!!! *lovelove*

~Fav. Movies~

Captured in Her Eyes: Anything related to lost memory is good stuff. Usually.

Countdown to Heaven: AI SACRIFICE TIME. AND GIN.

The Detectives' Requiem: (or something like that): Ooooh Kid disgused as Hakuba!!!! PURE GENIUS!!!!!

The Raven Chaser: YES IT DOESN'T REALLY COUNT but it looks so COOL!!!!!

Okay.... that's my not-so-long list...

AND SONGS OMG I FORGOT SONGS.

NEXT REPLY. I PROMISE.

OMG, is that Conan with a Pikachu on the street?!?!?! *rushes to see*

Oops.

It's a boy with glasses with his pet hamster.

~Member of the Anime Romance Clan~
*~Leader of the Falconess Clan~*
(#5 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
05-06-2009, 05:08 PM

I can do that...sorta. I can only go by openings/endings. Aside from those, I haven't heard much for the series and don't remember the songs for the movies much, so can't put those (for now).

Openings

Really like:
Mune ga Dokidoki (01)
Feel Your Heart (02)
Nazo (03)
Truth~A Great Detective of Love~ (05)
Girigiri Chop (06)
Mysterious Eyes (07)
Koi wa Thrill, Shock, Suspsense (08)
destiny (09)
Kimi to Yakusoku Shita Yasashii Ano Basho Made (13)
Growing of My Heart (16)
Shodou (17)
Glorious Mind (21)
Ai wa Kurayami no Naka de (22)
Ichibyou goto ni Love for you (23)
Revive (25)
Okay or in-between:

Unmei no Roulette Mawashite (04)
I can't stop my love for you (11; like the music a lot)
Kaze no la la la (12)
Start (14)
100 mono Tobira (18)
Kumo ni Notte (19)
Namida no Yesterday (20)
MYSTERIOUS (24)
Don't care for:
Winter Bells (10)
Hoshi no Kagayaki yo (15)
Everlasting Luv (26)
Endings

Really like:
Step By Step (01)
Meikyuu no Lovers (02)
Hikari to Kaze no Romance (03)
Negaigoto Hitotsu Dake (05)
Koori no Ue ni Tatsu you ni (06)
Still for your love (07)
Secret of my heart (09)
Natsu no Maboroshi (10)
always (12)
Yume Mita Ato de (14)
Wasurezaki (20)
Sekai Tomete (22)
Thank You For Everything (23)
Kanashii hodo Anata ga suki (24)
Sekai wa Mawaru to iu keredo (28)
Summer Memories (30)
Koigokoro Kagayaki Nagara (32)
Okay or in-between:
Free Magic (08; like the music a lot)
Start in my life (11; reminds me of Reach for the sky)
Aoi Aoi Kono Chikyuu ni (13; like the music a lot)
Mushoku (15; like the music)
Overture (16; like the music a lot)
Ashita wo Yumemite (17; like the music)
Kimi to iu Hikari (18)
Mou kimi dake wo hanashitari wa shinai (25)
Yukidoke no ano kawa no nagare no you ni (29)
Go Your Own Way (31)
Doing all right (33)
Don't care for:
Kimi ga Inai Natsu (04)
Nemuru Kimi no Yokogao ni Hohoemi wo (19)
June Bride~Anata Shika Mienai~ (21)
Shiroi Yuki (26)
I still believe~Tameiki~ (27)

Last edited by SSJup81 : 05-06-2009 at 05:11 PM.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Tsuzuki (Offline)
冷血の私生児

Send a message via ICQ to Tsuzuki Send a message via MSN to Tsuzuki Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuzuki Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuzuki
05-07-2009, 10:21 AM

I loved to watch it <3 but lately I didn't has any time T.T

lol btw I like this <3

ギャー(*0*((◎—————ー(°°; ) スッポヌケ〜
✿ あなた だけ が みれば いい... 狂気と真実は紙一重 ✿

そして坊やは眠りについて 息衝く灰の中の炎ひとつ、ふたつと 浮かぶふくらみ愛しい横顔 大地に垂るる幾千の夢、夢 銀の瞳のゆら(◕‿‿◕ )
It's a thin line between genius and stupidity. Once you cross it there is no going back!! Luckily I have tippex and a pen so I can just redraw it where I like!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA =_=

†♫†
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Rogozhin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-07-2009, 01:09 PM

I used to be a really big fan but enthusiasm has waned a bit....still have 62 volumes at home and I try to update my collection every few months.

I'd really like to see the latest DC movie that's supposed to feature the black org.

My favourite character would be Vermouth and volumes 24 ~ 42 were the most interesting.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

05-08-2009, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuzuki View Post
I loved to watch it <3 but lately I didn't has any time T.T

lol btw I like this <3
Kimi to Yakusoku Shita Yasashii Ano Basho Made opening.