JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
penguinlove (Offline)
New to JF

manga that are made into live-action films - 06-23-2009, 06:45 AM

so i read a couple stories lately about manga that are being turned into movies.

one is BECK, about a group of guys who form a band called BECK.
the movie is going to star mizushima hiro.
read more here

another is tomehane! suzuri koukou shodobu about a high school calligraphy club. more here

it got me thinking... how do they decide to make these into films?? i can't imagine that a movie all about calligraphy would be that popular... but i guess i might take it more seriously if i was japanese i guess.

anyway what's a manga you think could/should be made into a film that hasn't yet? i'd say jiraishin. that would be cool!!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
HikariTenrai (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to HikariTenrai Send a message via MSN to HikariTenrai Send a message via Yahoo to HikariTenrai
06-27-2009, 11:31 AM

I wonder if this is a new thread cos there were a few good mangas that had been made into movies. My favourites were death note, 20th century boys, full metal alchemist and etcs
And i wonder if anyone had seen the avatar trailer...
YouTube - Avatar: The Last Air Bender Teaser Trailer (HD)
I know, it's not anime but everyone is excited about it. For starters, i was shocked that M. Night would make a cartoon into a live action flick and the tattoo looks... nvm.
And i'm sure i've missed out some important ones which i hope more can contribute ^.^

神の光
恨みはらさでおくべきか
(#3 (permalink))
Old
dragonxkeeper (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to dragonxkeeper Send a message via MSN to dragonxkeeper Send a message via Yahoo to dragonxkeeper
06-27-2009, 11:51 AM

I'd love to see Paradise Kiss and maybe Dramacon as live action.

"I can see it when you come alive, it's no surprise that you're leaving.every night when you close your eyes, lying there just breathing.I know, you know, this ain't the way to be living. I tried, you tried, to find a way to believe in. All this time, we've been giving in. Hold on,but it's dragging you down! Can you save me? Can you save me? I know it's hard to understand while it's slipping through your hands. Can you save me?" - Stiff Kitty