JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
QueenNanami (Offline)
I'll go with that!

Send a message via AIM to QueenNanami Send a message via MSN to QueenNanami
07-05-2009, 04:15 PM

I first fell in love with anime when I saw Yugioh along time ago. Maybe because it seemed so interesting I just got hooked. Then i bought a Shonen Jump because i saw Yugioh was in it and i think that was the key that unlocked my world. I like how it's more adult at times instead of the shows you see on Nickelodeon where it only appeals to one audience.

"The ignorant are mere stepping stones on the path to enlightenment."

"People can always have a judgment about anything you do. So it doesn't bother me. Everything can be strange to someone." - Michael Jackson
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Jaykolov (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Jaykolov
08-11-2009, 12:08 AM

I was always into anime even when I was young! (you know with the whole pokemon thing) and with DragonBall and DragonBallZ (my dad was into it) so I was introduced to anime at a young age so it was always really there...

Passaic is cold... but thats alright 'cause it's New jersey... =D
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Kandierain15 (Offline)
Mizu No Megami♥

08-11-2009, 08:25 PM

What draws me is that there are always new mangas and animes coming out. I never have to go without something new!

8/21/09
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Yuusuke (Offline)
Banned!

08-11-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honoraryjapanesegirl View Post
Alright, I don't think there's any other forum similar to this, so here it goes...
What is it that draws you, personally, to manga or anime? I mean, there are other kinds of comics and animation, but what is it that draws you to the Japanese kind? What is it that turns you off to the other kinds?
Just curious! ^^
Have a wonderful day!
~HonoraryJapaneseGirl~
I'm not sure what draws me, when I used to be into anime and manga, the art was diffferent, then i realized the art is all the same, not much creativity to it. >.>

With cartoons in america and other places i get more of a varity X_X

I'm not looking at the same thing, or watching the same story put into a different manga or anime.

(#15 (permalink))
Old
Horuhe (Offline)
New to JF

08-12-2009, 04:09 AM

The design, for one. I love how anime/manga is drawn. Also, there's a lot of emotion in it... way more than comics. Sometimes you could relate to it.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
08-20-2009, 07:09 PM

Well I was into anime ever since I was young. There was Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, and good ol' Tenchi Muyo. I guess I was drawn to anime and manga because of it's complex storylines and because it appealed to people of all ages. And because anime isn't the same thing over and over again. It's a different story everytime and you can really relate to the characters and what's going on around them. I guess that's a to-the-point response.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
IcewindDude (Offline)
JF Regular

08-21-2009, 01:17 AM

I like anime and manga because it has a different feel to it. It reflects a different culture and represents their ideas of humor, love, and adventure. When I first started watching them (started with Trigun) there were alien gestures, strange voice nuances, a very appealing character design standard, and humor that we do not use in America (as well as the lack of humor that we do). I loved the culture shock (I was shocked to see breasts in an anime clearly for kids when I saw Ranma 1/2... now I think nothing of it! Of course such acceptance in Japan has changed in recent years. ). Anime was also allowed to tread where American animations were not (this is certainly changing).

However, I do not necessarily feel there is more intelligence added to them. And not all animes are made equal. There are incredibly repetitious animes. And there are more copy-cat animes than I can count. Some genres are so cookie-cut it's kinda funny (there are way too many similar looking high school guys... of course they usually don't get the option of various hair styles or colors). Some are so empty that it pains me that they even animated it (possibly from a MUCH better manga). And some jokes are so recycled that you can see them coming before they happen!

Of course there are incredible gems amongst them. There are animes that have brought out more emotion in me than any American animation I've seen (think animations from Key). There are ones that make me laugh all the time (lots of them). There are ones where that awesome unlikely comeback makes you feel good to be watching it (first time I saw one was the Frieza battle in DBZ where you first see Super Sayian).

As for the fan-service that is ubiquitous throughout anime and not found in American animations... I don't mind that either .

Last edited by IcewindDude : 08-21-2009 at 01:23 AM.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
JustinATTACK (Offline)
Wtf does *glomps* mean??

Send a message via AIM to JustinATTACK
08-21-2009, 01:39 AM

What draws me to it is the story lines are usually Better than other types of comics. It's not all super heros and bad guys stories with horrid plots.
There are actual stories being told.

And the art in Japanese manga/animes are mostly better than any others.
It doesn't look like a three year old with a crayon drew it.

"Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard." Miyamoto Musashi
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Aether (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Aether
08-21-2009, 01:44 AM

Interesting stories in an interesting art style.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

08-21-2009, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honoraryjapanesegirl View Post
Alright, I don't think there's any other forum similar to this, so here it goes...
What is it that draws you, personally, to manga or anime? I mean, there are other kinds of comics and animation, but what is it that draws you to the Japanese kind? What is it that turns you off to the other kinds?
Just curious! ^^
Have a wonderful day!
~HonoraryJapaneseGirl~
I have to admit, the photo galleries keep me coming back when I feel bored

Cheers - Oz