JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

07-07-2009, 12:06 AM

Quote:
"Animation buffs believe Disney ripped off Kimba to create The Lion King. Disney insists similarities... are coincidence. If anything supports Disney's argument, it's the depth of the Japanese show. The Kimba episodes deal with justice and morality, never presuming children deserve only light entertainment." --PETER HONG, Los Angeles Times, May 19, 2002
LOL, does anyone else think this is bullshit?

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#22 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-07-2009, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
LOL, does anyone else think this is bullshit?
What's bullshit? That Peter Hong said this, or that Disney "insists the similarities are a coincidence"?

LOVE: pass it on
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

07-07-2009, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesjin View Post
What's bullshit? That Peter Hong said this, or that Disney "insists the similarities are a coincidence"?
Sorry, let me make this more specific for you:

Quote:
The Kimba episodes deal with justice and morality, never presuming children deserve only light entertainment." --PETER HONG, Los Angeles Times, May 19, 2002
Does anyone else think this is bullshit?

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#24 (permalink))
Old
thcuteness (Offline)
Banned

07-07-2009, 12:42 AM

Animation wise i say american, but when it come to a capativating story and dramatic plot line and what not, i say japan.

GO TRANSFORMERS!!!!!
(#25 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-07-2009, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thcuteness View Post
Animation wise i say american, but when it come to a capativating story and dramatic plot line and what not, i say japan.

GO TRANSFORMERS!!!!!
Oh Transformers is pure talent. That's some seriously amazing animation. Well, the first one anyway. I haven't seen the second, so I wouldn't know.

(#26 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

07-07-2009, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesjin View Post
Oh Transformers is pure talent. That's some seriously amazing animation. Well, the first one anyway. I haven't seen the second, so I wouldn't know.
... You think this is quality stuff?

*Bursts into laughter*

(#27 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-07-2009, 02:06 AM

We are getting off topic here if were are talking about the Transformers live-action movies in a thread about animation.

It would be hard to argue CGI technology is surpassed anywhere outside of the US. The movie budgets are much higher here than anywhere in the world, allowing for jumps in CG technology. But it takes more than technology to make a compelling movie people are willing to pay to see. So back to anime...
(#28 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-07-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
We are getting off topic here if were are talking about the Transformers live-action movies in a thread about animation.

It would be hard to argue CGI technology is surpassed anywhere outside of the US. The movie budgets are much higher here than anywhere in the world, allowing for jumps in CG technology. But it takes more than technology to make a compelling movie people are willing to pay to see. So back to anime...
I know it's a rule, but I don't think it's fair for anyone to say "we're getting off topic" on this forums when 99% of these threads seem to get off topic all of the time. I also don't know if this even is off topic. I thought that animation was used in Transformers. Animation was verry successfully put together with humans, which is a pretty difficult thing to do. I'm talking about all Animated films, not just cartoons.

And yes, Tenchu - I do think it's quality stuff. It's fine if you disagree. That's usually what humans do.

(#29 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-07-2009, 05:06 PM

You set the scope for the topic in your first post. American animation vs. Japanese anime.

The Transformers live-action movies do not fit within that scope as they are live-action movies, and that's why I said it was off-topic.

If you want to change your first post to include CG in live-action movies you sure can, but I don't know that there is much to discuss there.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

07-07-2009, 05:19 PM

I'm going to be boring and say that I like both for their own unique traits.