JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
killerXpanda (Offline)
New to JF

trying to get my family members to really understand anime/manga - 07-09-2009, 08:01 AM

does anyone else have a hard time trying to get there family to understand anime/manga i draw anime and other stuff too and my mom knows but she still doesn't understand it took her months just to say anime right now im just trying to get her to understand that anime is different from american cartoons they're more serious and the plot is more thought out, but it seems theres no getting to her it's annoying when she calls my fav anime a cartoon. well i just wanted to know if anyone else has this problem
(#2 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

Send a message via AIM to JackIsLost
07-09-2009, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerXpanda View Post
does anyone else have a hard time trying to get there family to understand anime/manga i draw anime and other stuff to and my mom knows but she still doesn't understand it took her months just to say anime right now im just trying to get her to understand that anime is different from american cartoons they're more mserious and plot is more thought out but it seems theres no getting to her its a annoying when she calss my fav anime a cartoon. well i just wanted to know if anyone else has this problem
well, isn't anime just like a cartoon? if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck...
(#3 (permalink))
Old
killerXpanda (Offline)
New to JF

07-09-2009, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackIsLost View Post
well, isn't anime just like a cartoon? if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck...
well yea but i feel like there more special than egular cartoons...
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-09-2009, 08:06 AM

Parents just don't understand.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

07-09-2009, 08:08 AM

Quote:
well yea but i feel like there more special than egular cartoons...
yeah i know, i get the same feeling. but in the end, to your parents it is just a cartoon in another language. don't beat her into it because most likely she's not into the culture so it wont automatically translate japan + cartoon = anime
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
07-09-2009, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Thats the best way to put it..my mom dosen't ask about my anime, I dont talk about it.

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#7 (permalink))
Old
killerXpanda (Offline)
New to JF

07-09-2009, 08:12 AM

Quote:
yeah i know, i get the same feeling. but in the end, to your parents it is just a cartoon in another language. don't beat her into it because most likely she's not into the culture so it wont automatically translate japan + cartoon = anime
well i guess you have a point as long as she supports me but whats really wierd is the fact that my bro watchs anime and calls me a nerd for watching them too...hes an idiot
(#8 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

07-09-2009, 08:14 AM

Quote:
well i guess you have a point as long as she supports me but whats really wierd is the fact that my bro watchs anime and calls me a nerd for watching them too...hes an idiot
throw a kunai at him, if he repels it with a kunai of his own then he's a nerd too. if not, call the f*ing ambulance. haha
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruneru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Tsuruneru Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuruneru Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuruneru
07-09-2009, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I agree parents don't understand and may never understand i mean look at how that called pokemon pokeman haha! Don't waist your time if you did show them an anime depending what it is they may think of a reason for you not to watch it like its to perverted or something.

I don't care what people say anymore. Your opinions no longer matter to me. No matter what i say no one cares they just keep going.
I have no enemies my opponent is my teacher.
(けとだ!) (こい) (とどめだ!) I Am Shadow The Hedgehog
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
07-09-2009, 08:17 AM

Quote:
throw a kunai at him, if he repels it with a kunai of his own then he's a nerd too. if not, call the f*ing ambulance. haha
This is the solution.

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you