JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Sblegach (Offline)
you gonna eat that?

Send a message via AIM to Sblegach Send a message via MSN to Sblegach
Beck Mongolian Chop Squad - 08-31-2009, 02:35 AM

Well, I just watched the end of Beck, in english, as long as it was out there for >_> But I honestly think that the music was revolutionary I just had to put a thread up about. Personally the English version is better if you just wanna listen to the music. My personal favorite is Slip Out, which is the song they play at the end of grateful sound, also in the last episode. Its totally worth listening too. The story of the anime is another cliche coming of age tale about a boy with a boring life meets an exciting guy of a guitarist, and gets pulled into the underground rock scene.

Mada Mada Dane

Pyon!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Compaqmac321 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-31-2009, 02:37 AM

theres a live action movie coming out next year....the actors casted are good too....i cant wait, im going to japan to see it! lol i probably will though
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruneru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Tsuruneru Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuruneru Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuruneru
08-31-2009, 02:37 AM

Lol no the Japanese one owns.

I don't care what people say anymore. Your opinions no longer matter to me. No matter what i say no one cares they just keep going.
I have no enemies my opponent is my teacher.
(けとだ!) (こい) (とどめだ!) I Am Shadow The Hedgehog
(#4 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
08-31-2009, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sblegach View Post
Well, I just watched the end of Beck, in english, as long as it was out there for >_> But I honestly think that the music was revolutionary I just had to put a thread up about. Personally the English version is better if you just wanna listen to the music. My personal favorite is Slip Out, which is the song they play at the end of grateful sound, also in the last episode. Its totally worth listening too. The story of the anime is another cliche coming of age tale about a boy with a boring life meets an exciting guy of a guitarist, and gets pulled into the underground rock scene.
I heard of that show. I wanted to see it but I thought that I wouldn't like it. What's the show like??
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Compaqmac321 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-31-2009, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuruneru View Post
Lol no the Japanese one owns.
id have to agree with u
the japanese version is the best, i dont like 90% of all things dubbed
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruneru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Tsuruneru Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuruneru Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuruneru
08-31-2009, 02:41 AM

I have the dvd's and i watch all of them in japanese.

I don't care what people say anymore. Your opinions no longer matter to me. No matter what i say no one cares they just keep going.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Sblegach (Offline)
you gonna eat that?

08-31-2009, 02:59 AM

I agree with all of you, Japanese originals are usually better, however I prefer the songs in the english version better. Just my preference idk. And yeah i heard about the live action film, I wanna watch it should be good ^_^

@YukisUke: Its a coming of age story really, about a kid with a boring life named Yukio his friends call him Koyuki cause he was short lol Anyways, he stops these kids from picking on a dog thats all stitched together, named Beck which is what they call the band. So then the owner comes along and they meet for a brief moment, then they meet again in the future, and Koyuki decides to learn guitar and he eventually joins the band, they have their ups and downs as usualy, but they wind up getting back together in the end and touring america. Funny enough the opening theme is called "Hit in the U.S.A" im guessing the main creators of all the songs are Beat Crusaders, I suggest listening to them, theyre really good ^_^ hope this interested you in watching the anime.

Mada Mada Dane

Pyon!
(#8 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
08-31-2009, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sblegach View Post
I agree with all of you, Japanese originals are usually better, however I prefer the songs in the english version better. Just my preference idk. And yeah i heard about the live action film, I wanna watch it should be good ^_^

@YukisUke: Its a coming of age story really, about a kid with a boring life named Yukio his friends call him Koyuki cause he was short lol Anyways, he stops these kids from picking on a dog thats all stitched together, named Beck which is what they call the band. So then the owner comes along and they meet for a brief moment, then they meet again in the future, and Koyuki decides to learn guitar and he eventually joins the band, they have their ups and downs as usualy, but they wind up getting back together in the end and touring america. Funny enough the opening theme is called "Hit in the U.S.A" im guessing the main creators of all the songs are Beat Crusaders, I suggest listening to them, theyre really good ^_^ hope this interested you in watching the anime.
Oh, I LOVE Beat Crusaders!! Especially their song for the third opening of Bleach- Tonight, Tonight, Tonight. I love that song.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruneru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-31-2009, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukisUke View Post
Oh, I LOVE Beat Crusaders!! Especially their song for the third opening of Bleach- Tonight, Tonight, Tonight. I love that song.
Thats kindof how people find out about japanese band...from anime >_>

(#10 (permalink))
Old
Sblegach (Offline)
you gonna eat that?

08-31-2009, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukisUke View Post
Well then go watch beck its a really great show ^_^ Im more of an AKG person, but Beat Crusaders are really good.

Mada Mada Dane

Pyon!