JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
AyamariNoDomo (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to AyamariNoDomo Send a message via Yahoo to AyamariNoDomo
Manga Review:Emerging*warning may contain spoilers* - 03-07-2010, 10:39 PM

It would be a lie to say that I don't have some fascination with horror manga and anime. Offsetting that though is my love for dramatic romance manga and anime example ala Kanon, etc. However, todays manga review will be of Emerging by Masaya Hokazono. Emerging is about the hypothetical question/situation of how would a largely populated country, for example Japan, deal with an emerging virus that could be as deadly if not worse than ebola. The main characters are two doctors who are asked to do an autopsy on the body of a man who has 'exploded' only to find out that it is a virus that cannot be diagnosed because it's entirely new. On top of that it may have a 100% mortality rate.
I'd have to say that this is my first medical based manga. Other than watching the first nine episodes of Monster I haven't really delved to deep into the medical genre. I myself really don't know much about the medical field or how it operates but I didn't find myself confused. The art is more realistic in style which suits it well. The characters are very well rounded in so much as they have a sense of realism. For the sake of not giving too much away, I would simply say if you like horror and medical genres give it a shot.

Bad Ramen! No Pocky! Love The Rubber Ducky Bandit
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination!