JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
DaisukeKigurou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

The shōnen manga/anime indulgence thread - 09-02-2010, 03:04 PM

I've been read Flame of Recca for sometime and have become addicted to the story, the characters, and the fantasy for the story. My question is, is there another book (manga) that is somewhat similar to Flame of Recca? I really like stories like this more so heavier on historical. But, if you can't find a manga like that then, I really don't mind if it not so heavy on the historical genre.

Oh, BTW I don't mind if it's about ninjas or Samurai. But I would REALLY like a book about samurai! I love samurai mangas. ^__^

~苦痛は中心、それはある から来る; 憎む人によって引き起こされる。~

Last edited by CoolNard : 10-15-2010 at 09:16 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
10-15-2010, 09:15 AM

Hey bro, hope you don't mind me changing the thread title. I decided it would be much more practical to have a broader scope, since it's a forum and all. Besides, this is still very much in line with your request. ^^

If you want similar stories, I'd recommend: 'The Law of Ueki', 'YuYu Hakusho', 'Marchen Awakens Romance', 'Tenjho Tenge', 'Blue Dragon', 'Slayers', 'Busou Renkin', 'Inuyasha', 'Ranma 1/2'; considering these are what I can think off the top of my head, the first three are the most similar to Flame of Recca, the rest follow, in no order.

If you want the really long-standing, ongoing ones - 'Bleach', 'Naruto' and 'One Piece' - are the most popular now.

Samurai/ninja types are more or less shonen, too. There's: 'Samurai X', 'Samurai 7', 'Samurai Champloo', 'Samurai Deeper Kyo', 'Afro Samurai', 'Basilisk', 'Peacemaker Kurogane', 'Nabari No Ou', 'Bamboo Blade'(it's more of a kendo sport thing), 'Ninja Nonsense' (this is probably the furthest thing away from shonen, but it's still ninja, lol.) ...

If anyone wants to add something in, because the guilt of not doing so would cause lack of sleep at night, go ahead.

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 10-15-2010 at 09:44 AM.