JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Kazumi (Offline)
Supreme Magician Girl

Send a message via AIM to Kazumi Send a message via MSN to Kazumi Send a message via Yahoo to Kazumi
Smile Futari wa Pretty Cure - 03-31-2007, 02:46 AM

Has anyone here ever heard of this anime called Futari wa Pretty Cure. It's about these two girls named Nagisa Misumi and Honoka Yukishiro, who fight the forces of the Dusk Zone. A dimension of evil which encroached on the Garden of Light. The Zone's power takes the form of the Zakenna, creatures that infect people or items to turn them evil.

They make friends with two of the Garden of Light's protectors, odd talkative creatures named Mipple and Mepple. The girls' transformation devices which resemble cell phones. Mipple and Mepple work as henshin devices. For short, they can transform into their real selves and interact more easily with each other. Cure White and Cure Black are searching for the Prism Stones, and they place them in a heart shaped device known as the Prism Hopeish. The Hopeish is protected by the Guardian, Wisdom. Once they have discovered all the Prism Stones, its power takes them to the Garden of Light and repairs most of the damage done by the Dusk Zone.

Later in the series Porun, the Prince of the Garden of Light. He transforms into what looks like an electronic notebook or some sort of gaming system. He has a controller and a mouse. The Guardian places the power of the Prism Stones in Porun and when he gets agitated, he shoots out power from his mouth, granting Pretty Cure their Rainbow Bracelets. These vastly strengthen them physically and supply them with a new attack. Porun has the added ability of premonition. Often in his sleep or just randomly he pops-up and tells Pretty Cure something and they have to figure out what the premonition means. He can contact the Garden of Light and various people from the Garden of Light with the power of the Prism Stones.

There is more to the story, like when they get new tranformation and make a new friend and partner to fight the evil.

Pretty Cure:
Futari wa Pretty Cure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can watch it on Youtube.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pretty Cure.jpg (26.6 KB, 35 views)

Magic is all around us. You just need to know where to find it?

The Magical World is were I was born. I control the magical stone called the Sages Stone.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Kakashi (Offline)
おやすみなさい

03-31-2007, 03:00 AM

[post deleted]

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be."
-Shel Silverstein

"Who told me dragons did not exist,
then led me to their lairs
...one flew east, one flew west,
One flew over the cuckoo's nest."

Last edited by Kakashi : 09-24-2007 at 03:54 AM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Rikku777 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to Rikku777
03-31-2007, 04:02 AM

Never heard of it either, but the art looks so clean and bright, I think I will type it in too. *follows Kakashi's example*
(#4 (permalink))
Old
AoshiShinomori (Offline)
I wuvs Rikku the most! <3

Send a message via MSN to AoshiShinomori
03-31-2007, 06:01 AM

I haven't heard of it all and I haven't heard of anyone who has either! The art looks soo cute! *Strongly agrees with Rikku and Kakashi's moves and follows suit...after I finish Naruto that is *

@Kazumi - Thanks for bringing this up. It's nice to learn about new anime once in a while

Omae mo kanjite no ka... kaze no koe?
(#5 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
03-31-2007, 08:11 AM

I've watched it. Pretty (pun intended) impressive =D

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
terra104 (Offline)
SIT BOY!

03-31-2007, 05:02 PM

heared about it.. thnk my cousin is currently watching it!
(#7 (permalink))
Old
dragonrazor (Offline)
that guy in your dreams

Send a message via AIM to dragonrazor Send a message via MSN to dragonrazor Send a message via Yahoo to dragonrazor
03-31-2007, 05:05 PM

i haven't heard of it, but i saw an AMV for it on youtube earlier, while searching for SMiLE.dk videos...i hate how when you search for one specific thing, you get six dozen others

"If we have to dance to the strings of an unseen force, that makes us no better than Zio" Chaz Ashley (not sure japanese name) Phantasy Star: End of the Millenium
(#8 (permalink))
Old
JeagerEX (Offline)
JF Regular

02-27-2009, 01:11 AM

Did you saw the opening video of this anime?