LinkBack Thread Tools
Old
toxicbomb (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to toxicbomb
Arrow 07-02-2007, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikku777 View Post
Yup. I own both the movies and they are great! The 2nd one has terrible subtitles, lol, but they are both very good. ^_^

Oren:Yes, but it was noble, a good ending, ha, go L team!!! *cheers and dances* FAREWELL YOU SELFISH STUCK UP LOSER KIRA!!
Omigosh, I didn't know there was two! I've been eager to see the FIRST one and there is already a second one! I've got a lot of catching up to do! >w<

Old
Maku (Offline)
Not a happy bunny.

Send a message via MSN to Maku
07-03-2007, 08:58 PM

I hear the ending is different in the manga as is to the anime.

I've also just realised that it's taken 256 pages for me to start posting here.

"Mossad knows what my Aunt Judy eats for breakfast."
Jack West Jr.
Old
aikawaii (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to aikawaii
07-03-2007, 09:01 PM

I only just started reading the 1st Manga today.. But now I'm hooked!! WOW it's good ^^ Don't know who L or N are yet.. Do you meet them in the first volume?

Hey all! I wanna learn Japanese, so if any of you teachers can spare a moment.. Contact meee
Old
Maku (Offline)
Not a happy bunny.

Send a message via MSN to Maku
07-03-2007, 09:04 PM

Definitely not N, no.
Be patient, and I'd advise you to stay away from threads like this at the risk of spoilers.

"Mossad knows what my Aunt Judy eats for breakfast."
Jack West Jr.
Old
Near (Offline)
Domo, Unknown-san

Send a message via AIM to Near Send a message via Yahoo to Near
07-05-2007, 03:36 AM

A Death Note thread! This is wonderful, I must go read through the whole thread first though. It seems like you all know what you are talking about. And in case anyone has a doubt, I do NOT support Kira. Team L is ultimate.
Old
AoshiShinomori (Offline)
I wuvs Rikku the most! <3

Send a message via MSN to AoshiShinomori
07-05-2007, 05:20 AM

YOU so rock Near! We had a near here too when we were roleplaying characters but now Near has gone ;_; *bursts out sobbing*.. my only way is to find a secret map that will lead me to N MWahahha! ^_^

Omae mo kanjite no ka... kaze no koe?
Old
Near (Offline)
Domo, Unknown-san

Send a message via AIM to Near Send a message via Yahoo to Near
07-07-2007, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoshiShinomori View Post
YOU so rock Near! We had a near here too when we were roleplaying characters but now Near has gone ;_; *bursts out sobbing*.. my only way is to find a secret map that will lead me to N MWahahha! ^_^
Uhm...sorry to hear that? Terribly sorry if I stole someone's name.

I have been reading these debates, very impressive. It seems Rikku777's posts have been deleted, but I still see the quotes.
The Kira supporters seem to focus on one thing: Trying to prove Light is not evil as he kills innocents because it is for the good of the world.
Well what happens when everyone is killed for the good? Many people who were Light supporters have changed to not like Light as much or say some of his killings were uncalled for in these last episodes. I guess it finally kicked in that their savior is a pitiful, power hungry, weak human like everyone else....apart from L of course. L could never be weak.

And Kanji seems to role play L then? Nice. I look forward to meeting him.
Isoundboring
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

07-07-2007, 03:11 PM

Nice to have you Near. Welcome to our community. Make yourself at home here, we may all debate about Death Note, but we are all friends. Yes Rikku777 was playing as Near, but due to personal troubles, she had to leave us, and her name behind X__X I play L in these debates, so I shall try and show L's justice for you, and all the other L's

Yep, Kira is evil!
Old
QueenNanami (Offline)
I'll go with that!

Send a message via AIM to QueenNanami Send a message via MSN to QueenNanami
07-07-2007, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Near View Post
Uhm...sorry to hear that? Terribly sorry if I stole someone's name.

I have been reading these debates, very impressive. It seems Rikku777's posts have been deleted, but I still see the quotes.
The Kira supporters seem to focus on one thing: Trying to prove Light is not evil as he kills innocents because it is for the good of the world.
Well what happens when everyone is killed for the good? Many people who were Light supporters have changed to not like Light as much or say some of his killings were uncalled for in these last episodes. I guess it finally kicked in that their savior is a pitiful, power hungry, weak human like everyone else....apart from L of course. L could never be weak.

And Kanji seems to role play L then? Nice. I look forward to meeting him.
Isoundboring
hello Near n.n (your name reminds me of rikku *sigh*) it seems ive missed alot this time when i took a break...

You dont sound boring btw :P and yes your right L is not weak and could never be that way >.<

"The ignorant are mere stepping stones on the path to enlightenment."

"People can always have a judgment about anything you do. So it doesn't bother me. Everything can be strange to someone." - Michael Jackson
Old
AoshiShinomori (Offline)
I wuvs Rikku the most! <3

Send a message via MSN to AoshiShinomori
07-08-2007, 11:11 AM

Alright then due the lack of recent debates the inclusion of new members to our SPK I now start a new topic of debate...

Since I role play ryuk, my debates shall deal with the shinigami... ^^. I think the shinigami are a totally lazy bunch of beings. Aside from being death gods, the only thing they do with their life is to play poker with each other . Of all of them Ryuk is the only one who has shown a semblance of sense and in fact interest in human beings apart from wanting to kill them outright. The question then comes to mind, WHY do the shinigami have the eyes and the books? Their presence is for no higher purpose in life than to play poker or to laze about sleeping.

Kira had the book, escaped making the eye deal by using MISA's ability and used the book for ends he considered as "just". Yet having killed so many criminals (and some innocent people), people still rage against his behaviour. How come nobody has anything to raise against the shinigami then? They're the lowliest set of beings alive (apart from my RP character ). They kill purely out of greed, they care not for justice or lack of it, they already have special powers of flight and sight. They have all the attributes and more of what people consider the "bad" side of Kira. The only difference is that Kira publicised himself as a "bringer of justice" and let the people know he was in a position of power where he could claim human lives at will.

Is it then simply human ignorance that leads to prejudice? If the humans knew about the shinigami would they attempt to counter attack them? Would there be an SPK to hunt shinigami down? Or can the shinigami be excused saying that it is simply their way of life... if so why can't Kira be excused the same way?...

Omae mo kanjite no ka... kaze no koe?