JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

07-13-2007, 02:43 PM

There is no evidence in the story that Misa is mentally unstable at all. Her parents deaths making her turn Goth is purely opinion. Her fashion and living habits were never explained in the story, and it is up to the reader to decide for themselves. Sure it may seem that a lot of Goth people have problems in their life and they like dark things. But saying this about everyone who dresses that way is a stereotype. Maybe she just likes to wear black lace dresses and fishnets, and is interested in strange things (like weird dolls). The only thing that I would say is "mentally unstable" about Misa is her infatuation and obsession with Kira for saving her life and avenging her parent's deaths by killing their murderer.
Old
girlgamer1984 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-13-2007, 04:26 PM

Misa is with out a shadow of a doubt mentally unstable. I mean just look at her aside of her goth attire which is actually quite contarary to her abhorantly bubly persona. Does she come across as a sane person? No absolutely not. Raito degrades her and gives open death threats and yet she's still as clingy as ever. There is something wrong in her upperstory that's for sure.

Light today has dawned on my wooden head.
Old
Near (Offline)
Domo, Unknown-san

Send a message via AIM to Near Send a message via Yahoo to Near
07-13-2007, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenNanami;175614@Near ;P

lol Well! Ryuk tells light in the first chapter of the Manga and in the first episode of the Anime that when he dies he wont go to heaven and he wouldnt go to hell. He would get to figure that out when Ryuk kills him. Light didn't expect to go to heaven or hell because he already knew he would go to neither and even him having the power he knew he was smart enough to prove nothing bad would happen because he would stop it from happening! (recall the episodes where Kira willing looses him memory and then help L search for Kira and then after everything that happens gets all his memories back, kills L and reigns once again as "God") And don't you think that even as a death god he would probably try to rule the human world i mean now he has even more powers then before... and no ones wants that.

Kira also never killed L, he got L Killed... but he himself did not commit that crime :P Rem did
Uhm, I was just being silly hun. I don't debate. *cough* And so you don't have to waste any time paying attention to my silly responses.

Lol, and it's ok Oren, I'm blonde, but even so, Misa is on a totally different level. I hate Misa and she is dumb. There. You guys don't have to start a debate with me, I am just saying I can't stand her. XD

Loves ya Aoshi
Love ya Cooly
Old
girlgamer1984 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-13-2007, 04:43 PM

Oh yeah I abhor her aswell. Actually in my honest opinion Raito x Misa is a match made in heaven. Both are mentally handicapped.

Old
Near (Offline)
Domo, Unknown-san

07-13-2007, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlgamer1984 View Post
Oh yeah I abhor her aswell. Actually in my honest opinion Raito x Misa is a match made in heaven. Both are mentally handicapped.
ROFL! Yeah, I guess they both deserve each other cause they are so retarded! XD Actually, it would be a match made in nothing, since they both used the Death note

Loves ya Aoshi
Love ya Cooly
Old
girlgamer1984 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-13-2007, 05:08 PM

she did jump of lovers leap didn't she .... Only unaccompanied by her lover.

Old
Near (Offline)
Domo, Unknown-san

07-13-2007, 05:15 PM

Quote:
she did jump of lovers leap didn't she .... Only unaccompanied by her lover.
I'm not sure, I never got to read the manga yet, only saw the anime...the manga has more, but I am sure she did jump, we shall have to ask L. ^_^

Loves ya Aoshi
Love ya Cooly
Old
girlgamer1984 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-13-2007, 05:21 PM

The anime reeks after 25th episode. They stretched the manga and anime for nothing. It should have concluded at 25th episode or 26th for that matter. Mikami is an intelligent version of Misa. He obeys unconditionally. Takada is another Misa like character. They split L's persona into two to create two girly fags (No offense to any one who likes them but face it folks they look like girls) Mello and Near, another wanton addition to the series. they factually blew it after 58 chapter or 25th episode. They never should've continued beyond that....End of discussion.

Old
Hisuwashi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-13-2007, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Misa is with out a shadow of a doubt mentally unstable. I mean just look at her aside of her goth attire which is actually quite contarary to her abhorantly bubly persona. Does she come across as a sane person? No absolutely not. Raito degrades her and gives open death threats and yet she's still as clingy as ever. There is something wrong in her upperstory that's for sure.
Gothic Lolita is actually a popular fashion style in Japan though...

~ Wind Song ~
~ Windlied ~
~ Chant du vent ~
Old
QueenNanami (Offline)
I'll go with that!

Send a message via AIM to QueenNanami Send a message via MSN to QueenNanami
07-14-2007, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren View Post
LOL!! I agree with the last part about them not making a good couple because Misa is too dumb!! That's ace!
But, yeah it really ticked me off when Rem would show her love for Misa and she never really took much consideration into it. Rem is prob my fave in DN, because she's so maternal toward Misa. Another tragedy compliments of DN.
I wonder what it is about Misa's ignorance and stupidity that attracts all these shinigami to her and causes them to kill themselves for her!?!?!?!
I like misa but she isnt the brightest crayon in the box.. (you know one sandwich short of a picnic)

I think it was her beauty and charm. Like Light she had that charm they made you wanna believe everything, people fall for a pair a pretty eyes. I don't understand why rem loved her.. I mean that was crazy. I liked Rem.. (more then ryuk) i loved how it seemed like Rem was misa's mother. The touching thing is like a mother Rem would take her own life to protect her. That's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren View Post
Ho hum, here we go.
There is NO mention in the manga of proof that Misa's parents death leads to her likeness in clothes. No it doesn't. Perhaps the anime does, but NOT the manga. When Misa is introduced, there is absolutely no mention of this. Never does she state that Oh, my parents died, so I'm gonna dress like this and play with weird dolls to make me feel better.
Therefore, yes it is your opinion. And like assholes, we all have them.
The manga came first, so that is the way the story is intended. If her likeness for clothes and dolls is justified in the anime as a result of her parents death, then that is just an explanation given in the anime and not part of the true story. Believe what you will...I know the truth.
And now you're calling Misa a "typical blonde girl". You're just digging your hole a little deeper, aren't you? Now you're stereotyping as well as assuming.
Ended..Finis...Game Over...Deleted....I'm done.
I have to say i agree with you completely! this is what i was trying to really say but just didn't want to turn death note thread into a terrible fight

I take offence to the blonde thing said... I'm blonde.. and i feel that that's stereotyping..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
There is no evidence in the story that Misa is mentally unstable at all. Her parents deaths making her turn Goth is purely opinion. Her fashion and living habits were never explained in the story, and it is up to the reader to decide for themselves. Sure it may seem that a lot of Goth people have problems in their life and they like dark things. But saying this about everyone who dresses that way is a stereotype. Maybe she just likes to wear black lace dresses and fishnets, and is interested in strange things (like weird dolls). The only thing that I would say is "mentally unstable" about Misa is her infatuation and obsession with Kira for saving her life and avenging her parent's deaths by killing their murderer.
Agreed Kanji/L! If people didn't notice misa had a very upbeat attitude... mentally unstable people don't act happy and upbeat.

Quote:
just because someone dresses a different way doesn't mean they are mentally unstable. She is a sane person she just has too much love for Kira. Sure she lets herself be controlled and mentally abused by Kira but haven't you ever seen a Maury show? i mean they have people on there that were treated like that but still loved their spouses very much. They weren't mentally unstable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Near View Post
Uhm, I was just being silly hun. I don't debate. *cough* And so you don't have to waste any time paying attention to my silly responses.

Lol, and it's ok Oren, I'm blonde, but even so, Misa is on a totally different level. I hate Misa and she is dumb. There. You guys don't have to start a debate with me, I am just saying I can't stand her. XD
omg i love your siggy O_O ::steals:: nah im jk ;P

Idk why but u remind me alot of rikku... i want to adopt you XD :P maybe it's just because your name is near :/ ... maybe its rikku in disguise :O

"The ignorant are mere stepping stones on the path to enlightenment."

"People can always have a judgment about anything you do. So it doesn't bother me. Everything can be strange to someone." - Michael Jackson

Last edited by QueenNanami : 07-14-2007 at 02:12 AM.