JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
dragonrazor (Offline)
that guy in your dreams

Send a message via AIM to dragonrazor Send a message via MSN to dragonrazor Send a message via Yahoo to dragonrazor
04-03-2007, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra104 View Post
LOL!! it makes sense...
ive heard of chi/ki its the power within each person, but can u elaborate more!
Chi and Ki are two separate forces...Chi is body energy...that's literally what it translates as...Ki is Mind Energy, the power of the mind...if you think about it, DBZ's use of the word is completely WRONG, since they aren't using mental powers, they're using body powers

"If we have to dance to the strings of an unseen force, that makes us no better than Zio" Chaz Ashley (not sure japanese name) Phantasy Star: End of the Millenium
(#12 (permalink))
Old
drakenjecht (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-03-2007, 04:01 PM

~deleting deleting~

Last edited by drakenjecht : 05-15-2019 at 03:43 PM.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
terra104 (Offline)
SIT BOY!

04-03-2007, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakenjecht View Post
hmmm,, i will wikpedia it lol

the concept of qi has been very important within many Chinese philosophies, over the centuries their descriptions of qi have been varied and may seem to be in conflict with each other. Understanding of these disputes is complicated for people who did not grow up using the Chinese concept and its associated concepts. Until China came into contact with Western scientific and philosophical ideas (primarily by way of Catholic missionaries), they knew about things like stones and lightning, but they would not have categorized them in terms of matter and energy. Qi and li (理, li, pattern) are their fundamental categories much as matter and energy have been fundamental categories for people in the West. Their use of qi (lifebreath) and li (pattern, regularity, form, order) as their primary categories leaves in question how to account for liquids and solids, and, once the Western idea of energy came on the scene, how to relate it to the native idea of "qi." If Chinese and Western concepts are mixed in an attempt to characterize some of the problems that arise with the Chinese conceptual system, one might ask whether qi exists as a "force" separate from "matter," whether qi arises from "matter", or whether "matter" arises from qi.

WTF????

" i don't SUFFER from insanity, i ENJOY it"

SEE MY SIGGY AND DIE OF ENVY!!

proud chief psychologist of Aoshi Shinomori
(#14 (permalink))
Old
terra104 (Offline)
SIT BOY!

04-03-2007, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonrazor View Post
Chi and Ki are two separate forces...Chi is body energy...that's literally what it translates as...Ki is Mind Energy, the power of the mind...if you think about it, DBZ's use of the word is completely WRONG, since they aren't using mental powers, they're using body powers
okay i thnk i confused my self..
i understand the difference between the two, and both are equivalent to chakra right?

(#15 (permalink))
Old
Riku8 (Offline)
C.E.L.L

04-03-2007, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Thats not true, they focus their mind energy into physical form, they have used to the wright word there.

(#16 (permalink))
Old
dragonrazor (Offline)
that guy in your dreams

Send a message via AIM to dragonrazor Send a message via MSN to dragonrazor Send a message via Yahoo to dragonrazor
04-03-2007, 04:09 PM

Quote:
okay i thnk i confused my self..
i understand the difference between the two, and both are equivalent to chakra right?
*considers* hmmm...not exactly. Chakra is an entirely different set of beliefs. Chi and Ki are chinese terms, Chakra is japanese. I guess Ki and Chi are sort of like the Yin and Yang of the person

"If we have to dance to the strings of an unseen force, that makes us no better than Zio" Chaz Ashley (not sure japanese name) Phantasy Star: End of the Millenium
(#17 (permalink))
Old
dragonrazor (Offline)
that guy in your dreams

04-03-2007, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riku8 View Post
Thats not true, they focus their mind energy into physical form, they have used to the wright word there.
no no no no no

Ki and Chi are chinese words...however, the japanese mispronounce Chi as Ki...that's where most people make their mistake...

(#18 (permalink))
Old
terra104 (Offline)
SIT BOY!

04-03-2007, 04:17 PM

Quote:
*considers* hmmm...not exactly. Chakra is an entirely different set of beliefs. Chi and Ki are chinese terms, Chakra is japanese. I guess Ki and Chi are sort of like the Yin and Yang of the person
hmmm...
*smiles* arigato gusaimashta senpai!!
i just confused my self because of the human brain insane need to make connections between thngs!

so can a person have a strong flow of chakra but have no reiatsu at all??

(#19 (permalink))
Old
dragonrazor (Offline)
that guy in your dreams

04-03-2007, 04:19 PM

Quote:
hmmm...
*smiles* arigato gusaimashta senpai!!
i just confused my self because of the human brain insane need to make connections between thngs!

so can a person have a strong flow of chakra but have no reiatsu at all??
hmm...i'd imagine so...someone i know made a character something like that for my Naruto: Ten Years Later thread...basically, his clan has a bloodline trait that allows them to reform small parts of their bodies as metal...but in him, it sort of mutated, so that his entire body becomes pretty much impervious...chakra has a hard time penetrating, so he is mostly immune to jutsu, but he's also unable to perform any

(#20 (permalink))
Old
terra104 (Offline)
SIT BOY!

04-03-2007, 04:30 PM

Quote:
hmm...i'd imagine so...someone i know made a character something like that for my Naruto: Ten Years Later thread...basically, his clan has a bloodline trait that allows them to reform small parts of their bodies as metal...but in him, it sort of mutated, so that his entire body becomes pretty much impervious...chakra has a hard time penetrating, so he is mostly immune to jutsu, but he's also unable to perform any
i c, and thats due to his strong reiatsu