LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

Manga-ka blast scanlators - 02-23-2011, 11:20 PM

Here is an interesting exchange

2chan.us

robot6.comicbookresources.com/2011/02/has-pirated-manga-become-property-of-the-internet/

Ken Akamatsu created Love Hina and Negima.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

02-24-2011, 12:15 AM

I just think it's funny because it's manga. People treat it like it's a crack addiction or something. Regardless of the actual situation, they're just comics, kids. Calm down.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

02-24-2011, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsToDiscovery View Post
I just think it's funny because it's manga. People treat it like it's a crack addiction or something. Regardless of the actual situation, they're just comics, kids. Calm down.
Until that whole "sense of entitlement felt by kids growing up in an age where all forms of entertainment are a quick torrent away" thing is brought up, at least. Not defending it at all, but that's a big part of the problem nowadays.

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-24-2011, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsToDiscovery View Post
When your publisher shuts down because people would rather download your books instead of buy them, then people lose their calm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
Until that whole "sense of entitlement felt by kids growing up in an age where all forms of entertainment are a quick torrent away" thing is brought up, at least. Not defending it at all, but that's a big part of the problem nowadays.
That's the exact problem, and publishers are realizing that they need to go digital to have a remote chance of staying alive. Apps like Comixology are good because they are easier and better than trying to read a scan.

Last edited by MMM : 02-24-2011 at 12:45 AM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
SCIFFIX (Offline)
Hokuto Shinken master.

Send a message via MSN to SCIFFIX
02-24-2011, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
When your publisher shuts down because people would rather download your books instead of buy them, then people lose their calm.
This only reflect their incapacity of adaptation, they need to realize that the world has changed. This guys needs to learn somethings with Marvel Comics, they have an app for buy the comics and read it on Iphone. Why not create a software for legal manga distribuition like Steam (used for games distribuition)?

There are many manga that never was released here, like hokuto no ken, if manga was sold as Steam sells games, I would be glad in buy it.

Video Games: Serious Business

(#6 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-24-2011, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCIFFIX View Post
This only reflect their incapacity of adaptation, they need to realize that the world has changed. This guys needs to learn somethings with Marvel Comics, they have an app for buy the comics and read it on Iphone. Why not create a software for legal manga distribuition like Steam (used for games distribuition)?

There are many manga that never was released here, like hokuto no ken, if manga was sold as Steam sells games, I would be glad in buy it.
The problem is not only adaptation (but that is happening) but is the reality that the younger generation does not see Internet piracy as illegal or wrong. These are people that wouldn't steal a book from a store, but will happily download gig after gig of IP with no second thought of who gets hurt. The reality is, if an IP can be downloaded on the Internet, then it will be with no regard for legality.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

02-24-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I'm not talking about the creators, I'm talking about the kids who read it. I mean, stuff like manga is why so many narutards think they can pack their bags and move to Japan and become manga-kas themselves. Parents, if your kid is like this, please get them some Ritalin.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#8 (permalink))
Old
siokan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-24-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCIFFIX View Post

Simple problem,the net profit is a low.
Hacking is easy, and it becomes the criminal's help.

Please permit poor English. orz
Cryptanalysis is necessary for you.
set a goal:English at the same level as Johan Cruyff
(#9 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

02-24-2011, 12:06 PM

I find it interesting to read this, just a few days ago I got a new smartphone (In Japan, btw) and it seems that almost all smartphones here now come with MAGASTORE, which sports an insane selection of manga among other things, for a price of course.
I hope it can keep the business alive.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
SCIFFIX (Offline)
Hokuto Shinken master.

Send a message via MSN to SCIFFIX
02-24-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siokan View Post
Simple problem,the net profit is a low.
Hacking is easy, and it becomes the criminal's help.
MMM and siokan, I agree with you, but not in all:

Everybody knows about the internet problem, but you can't dany Steam is a enormous sucess, Valve have gigantic profits with Steam and it's already a problem to some physical stores, we know that download games in a torrent is more cheaper (it's free) but there are a lot of people who prefer buy and download it on Steam. I think if the manga publishers start to follow the steps of companies like Marvel and Valve it will only bring benefits for they. If they start to offer a service like that with competitive prices, translations to english, good marketing strategies and accept Pay Pal payments, they have a high probability to be well succeded.

I didn't know about MAGASTORE service RealJames, I noticed they have a version for PC. Is it very divulgated in Japan?

Video Games: Serious Business