JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
NYG (Offline)
New to JF

After seeing 10 years of japanese anime, and movies, now.. - 04-15-2011, 10:52 AM

The anime appeared to have superceeded the movie. I watched anime and american cartoons as a kid, and choosed movies as a high school student. But I am now 27 years old, and I think I have grown in to a remarkable adult sophistication: being a chinese, understanding English, japanese, french, german, russian, an avid reader of world literature and science and mysticism, also lover of baroque and japanese music, having many friends. Just to say, I am no otaku. During the last 6 month I gave a try to return to anime, some recent animes impressed me very much, the storyline, plots, persona portrayal which plagued some early animes all have immensely improved. To my japanese people, good job, I am surprised that anime has improved so greatly that some of them impressed me as much as classical arts. I have an opinion that, anime is no longer a kid stuff, it deserves to be taken as true art.

Here is a few that impressed me most:

Claymore( Amazing world setting, storyline, plot, character portrayal)
Oreimo ( Realistic, fun, lovely, intense family romance)
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 ( Touching storyline, realistic plot and people)
Kami nomi zo shirusekai ( Amazing, highly original story)

When Japan was hit by earthquake I was watching Claymore, I was moved to tears by the anime and the disaster.Hope Japan can overcome the recent disaster, and continue the good job in very indurstry.