(#1 (permalink))
Old
VanTango (Offline)
New to JF

Serial experiments: project lain - 06-13-2007, 09:18 AM

I bought lain
It is awesome
it makes no sense the first time you watch it
it makes even less sense if you are drunk (im not sure about what happens if ur high though but thats up to you *dont take drugs kids*)

in a nut shell
Its about a girl that somehow becomes a god of the internet but at the same time is in the real world but doesnt know which one is real or whether either or both are real or whether she exists if she isn't remembered and whether it matters if she is real or not or whether anything really exists in the first place.

it was only 15 or 16 eps for the whole anime but it is one of the best ever make

who likes it?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Janissary (Offline)
JF Regular

06-13-2007, 09:26 AM

I heard that it's good in a strange way and put it to watch list.

Greetings from Turkiye (Toruko)

おぞはん & オゾハン
My real name is Özhan
(#3 (permalink))
Old
VanTango (Offline)
New to JF

06-13-2007, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janissary View Post
I heard that it's good in a strange way and put it to watch list.
u should def watch it
it generally covers the same themes as ghost in the shell but in a way that forces you to think and challenges your views.
Ghost in the shell was action with the themes more underlying than in lain
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Haggis (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-13-2007, 12:18 PM

If you like the style of the DVD covers, then I'd recommend a book called "Yoshitoshi Abe Lain Illustrations" as the artwork is stunning.

The guy also did the character designs for Haibane Renmei and Texhnolyze, both of which are well worth watching as well.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
narutoismybrother (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to narutoismybrother
06-15-2007, 01:38 AM

ooo it was very good! I saw that 2 years back. I think there's actually 13 episodes if my memory serves me right. *no hitting!* XD I watched it a few times actually. Each time I watch it, I get more out of it. Like when you watch Ghost in the Shell over...and over....and over, I forget how many times I've watched it by now, but anyways when you watch anything multiple times you understand it more and you get a better feeling for the characters portrayed.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
ILOVEJAPAN (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Lain - 06-15-2007, 02:58 PM

I LOVED Lain! This the kind of trippy phstcological stuff that I LOOOOVE! I wish I could watch this while high, but I dont think I'm ever going to try drugs since my family has a history of mental instability as a result of drug use. But, a fun way to make it seem more trippy is to stay up all night and watch it at 6:00 AM. If you are really tired you start to halucinate. Its sooo much fun! One time I thought the TV screen was melting! LOL
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Tolbarizhei (Offline)
is lost without you!

Send a message via ICQ to Tolbarizhei Send a message via AIM to Tolbarizhei Send a message via MSN to Tolbarizhei Send a message via Yahoo to Tolbarizhei
06-15-2007, 04:17 PM

now i wanna see this show.. sounds like fuN!

there is one true love in my life.. and sadly it will be fate that will have to hold us together
the light will continue to shine for all..
Fratello, may the angels bless you on the way throughout eternity
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

06-16-2007, 01:54 AM

LAIN is such an awesome anime. I saw it years ago, and I thought it was really good. Don't remember much about the story. It was a bit creepy at times. I know in the first episode one of the characters throws herself off of a roof, and then is sending everyone emails on the computer even after she is dead. The animation was really great. I only saw it in English though, and it was done well. Congrats for mentioning it.

I LOVE THE INTRO! ^__^ (It's all in English)

Last edited by Kanji_The_Wanderer : 06-16-2007 at 01:58 AM.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Tolbarizhei (Offline)
is lost without you!

Send a message via ICQ to Tolbarizhei Send a message via AIM to Tolbarizhei Send a message via MSN to Tolbarizhei Send a message via Yahoo to Tolbarizhei
06-16-2007, 07:47 AM

ooh yes. thank you for that.. it was quite fun to watch.. now i definetely know i wanna see the show just because of the first 10 seconds.. good sign! ^_^

there is one true love in my life.. and sadly it will be fate that will have to hold us together
the light will continue to shine for all..
Fratello, may the angels bless you on the way throughout eternity
(#10 (permalink))
Old
arcalae (Offline)
JF Regular

12-29-2008, 09:13 PM

I completely adore this series. I bought a full box set a few years ago after having seen it in a ripped version. Had to see it full resolution and support the makers of such fine entertainment.