JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
J-anime: Return of the Condor Heroes - 08-21-2007, 11:18 AM

Frankly, I don't know which was a spinoff of which, but both the anime and the chinese series are greatly interesting and recommended. Maybe someone else with more relevant information could step in some time ^^ Anyway, if you fancy the anime, you're definitely gonna love the series, which is slightly different from the former. And if I'm not wrong, the whole anime series should be available on youtube.

P.S. the anime is a rather old one, so the grahpics could be a little under your average modern day anime, but still, it has an amazingly fantastic storyline like no other.

The story takes place in ancient China, when Youka, a thirteen year old boy, and his uncle, Kakusei, set off to the temple of Zenshinkyou. It had been decided that Youka was to remain there to study orthodox martial arts, developing himself into a strong, virtous man. However, upon their arrival at the entrance, they were unexpectedly attacked by a group of Zenshinkyou members who mistakenly thought they were trespassing. Reluctant to fight, the both of them made to back off, though, eventually, their techniques came to a collision and it was only a matter of minutes before Kakusei had them defeated (Youka doesn't know how to fight yet). Unfortunately, the price involved the kidnapping of Youka by one of the Zenshinkyou. Incidentally, Kakusei attempted to rush after his nephew, going into the temple, and encountered a gory sight of violence: The Zenshinkyou disciples were at combat with several Mongolians...

Watch on as the anime portrays Youka's steady growth in both strength, wisdom and age, as he rebels against the entire pugilistic world for his love, and surprises them with his new-found skills at the heros' meet!

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 08-21-2007 at 11:25 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
mamok (Offline)
JF Regular

08-21-2007, 06:06 PM

I watched first season and I bacame really interested but when first episode of second season appeared(chinese version) I couldn't get pass through it...I don't mean the storyline, probably it would be as interesting as first season but the language. The changed the names of characters like Jo cho chan chang...whatever, i had to stop watching it. If anyone knows if there is english dub of it(usually I don't like dubs but for me everything is better than chinese:-) ) please tell me:-)

and slowly...you come to realize...it's all as it should be...you can only do so much. if you're game enought...you could place your trust in me...