LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

10-25-2007, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVEJAPAN View Post
Last month, a girl in Japan killed her father (a police chief) with an ax. The Japanese media blamed violant anime/manga (as is the case with most youth commited crimes in Japan)

Several anime involving plots similier to the actualy event were pulled. Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai was canceld by many of the TV stations it was airing on. Although, the episodes will eventualy be aired on AT-X, and Sun TV.

School Days was also pulled before the season(series?) finale, on TV Kanagawa. Instead they played classical music the full hour. Other TV stations also pulled the program, until AT-X finnaly aired it on September 27.

So what does everyone think about this? Will this lead to more controversy in violant anime? Will there be more censorship? Should/can we blame violant anime (and other medium) for real life violants? I personaly, dont think violant anime (or any other medium) has anything to do with the incedent (or any other crime) but I do see why these episodes were delayed; it would be very distastefull to air them. Any other opinions on this subject?
i'm sorry. the way it was reported. it didnt even investigate the details that actually happened. Maybe the dad did something unforgiveable or the daughter has scizophrenia. Youth are often demonised like this, at the rate this is going adults killing adults are now less publicised... Cancelling a tv show will not stop people murdering people.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Shiningmonkey (Offline)
Inventor of the s'moredog

10-25-2007, 11:40 PM

I think that if that person can be that easily influenced by manga then even watching the news should effect them too. Maybe we should pull the news too...

I watch Bleach all the time and I think I'll kill someone with a giant sword...Or maybe Bankai!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
flein1337 (Offline)
JF Regular

10-26-2007, 02:01 AM

humans are violent when born, when i was a child me and my friends ware always play-fighting... when i go out drinking nowdays, it ends up with a fight nearly 60 % of the time, u can blame the alcohol but i belive we make our own choices even when drinking... just by getting in fights so often i can see how violent humans are and it suprises me that not more ppls get killed....
(btw im always trying not 2 get in a fight, but i end up in one verry often )
(#24 (permalink))
Old
DEATHPANDA (Offline)
JF Regular

10-26-2007, 02:44 AM

No way. It inspires my hatred, my need to kill.

Just kidding of course, although I do think cartoon violence is awesome. Series' like Gantz and Elfen Lied wouldn't be the same without over-the-top gore and violence.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
ILOVEJAPAN (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-26-2007, 03:01 AM

hmmmm...A lot of people are saying that there is violance somwhere inside everyone. Which is a theory that I have heard many times...maybe humans have certaint animal instincts?

I dont know, but I personaly cant think of a single time when I have had violant thoughts or urges (maybe SLIGHTLY agressive, but thats abou it).
(#26 (permalink))
Old
DEATHPANDA (Offline)
JF Regular

10-26-2007, 03:08 AM

Quote:
hmmmm...A lot of people are saying that there is violance somwhere inside everyone. Which is a theory that I have heard many times...maybe humans have certaint animal instincts?

I dont know, but I personaly cant think of a single time when I have had violant thoughts or urges (maybe SLIGHTLY agressive, but thats abou it).
Really? You must have had the urge to hit someone in the face before.. Maybe you should man up a bit. Forgive me if you're a girl :3
(#27 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

10-26-2007, 03:16 AM

Quote:
It is a little suprising that the blame is falling on anime, since it is common beleife in Japan, that violant fiction helps take out aggresion, and prevents real crime from happening.

Then when somthing happens, people suddenly change there mind? I guess its human nature to place the blame somwhere when we are frightend or dont understand somthing.
Where the hell did you hear that from?
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Maglo87 (Offline)
Burger Bandit

Send a message via AIM to Maglo87 Send a message via MSN to Maglo87
10-26-2007, 03:17 AM

Its not anime that causes real violence, it's a person's stupidity that causes real violence. Just because a person can't separate the thought of something happening in a cartoon and it actually happening in real life
(#29 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

10-26-2007, 03:30 AM

But then again, you have to also realize. This is Japan. The people here latch on and follow whatever they can to feel.... accepted. This goes from the 16 year old girl to the 60 year old man. All of you come from countries that promote free thinking. Japan does not. There is an ols saying here in Japan

"The nail that sticks out, gets hammered down"

And belive me, it does. Also, look at these 16 year old kogyaru and anime girls here. They look like walking sluts. Now wait before you go off on your own little rage about what i just said. i will break it down for you.

i am 30, I was goth in HS and lived in Japan the majority of my life. i was at evey X Japan concert and actually was tramatized when Hide offed himself. So when i look at these Harajuku girls or Shibuya girls, I see freedom of expression. I see people following a fad till they are about 22 then putting on a suit and going to work. I have no problem with this and hey, the girls are hot! most of them.

NOW! Lets look from the 45 year old police chiefs eyes who sees his daughters ass cheeks hanging out all the time or skimpy clothing on everywhere she goes....blah blah blah. I am willing to put one of my cars on the line that he raped her. Sounds bad? Actually happends daily in Japan. Then these girls watch these new animes and associate themselves then go kill someone. Is it the animes fault? I think it has some responsibility. But I would think it is an overall effect of daddy touching her, guys touching her, and low self esteem. then compund this with drama queen friends and a slave camp school... If you search the mainichi paper, tokyo times, Japan times... there are stories like this all over the place.

My 2 yen
(#30 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

10-26-2007, 03:35 AM

Did you know the Neo Genesis Evangelion was banned in Japan for about 6 years? To many people were following the religion they promoted. Did you know the writer of that anime was part of the Asahara Ocult?

Did you know that Momonoke no hime's music composer was arrested for sexually asulting one of the 12 year old girls doing the voice overs and raped her for 3 days till she was found?

Japan is way more brutal and darker then most of you know.