JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ILOVEJAPAN (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Violant anime inspires real life violants? - 10-13-2007, 04:00 AM

Last month, a girl in Japan killed her father (a police chief) with an ax. The Japanese media blamed violant anime/manga (as is the case with most youth commited crimes in Japan)

Several anime involving plots similier to the actualy event were pulled. Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai was canceld by many of the TV stations it was airing on. Although, the episodes will eventualy be aired on AT-X, and Sun TV.

School Days was also pulled before the season(series?) finale, on TV Kanagawa. Instead they played classical music the full hour. Other TV stations also pulled the program, until AT-X finnaly aired it on September 27.

So what does everyone think about this? Will this lead to more controversy in violant anime? Will there be more censorship? Should/can we blame violant anime (and other medium) for real life violants? I personaly, dont think violant anime (or any other medium) has anything to do with the incedent (or any other crime) but I do see why these episodes were delayed; it would be very distastefull to air them. Any other opinions on this subject?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

10-13-2007, 04:20 PM

Well its going to happen either way, even if they cancell all the violent anime shows. It might even happen more if they cancell all the shows seeing as how people have the urge to kill and see others being killed. Curiosity drives people to the point of losing there mind, havn't you wondered how it would be? how it felt? how it would effect you?. People will keep killing others no matter what either out of hate, jealousy, or just plain curiosity. So either way it wouldn't matter really what they would do because no matter what it will always happen at the same time, same place, and maybe even with the same person.

I'm not racist . . . I hate everyone equally.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
ILOVEJAPAN (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-13-2007, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyakushi View Post
Well its going to happen either way, even if they cancell all the violent anime shows. It might even happen more if they cancell all the shows seeing as how people have the urge to kill and see others being killed. Curiosity drives people to the point of losing there mind, havn't you wondered how it would be? how it felt? how it would effect you?. People will keep killing others no matter what either out of hate, jealousy, or just plain curiosity. So either way it wouldn't matter really what they would do because no matter what it will always happen at the same time, same place, and maybe even with the same person.
I do agree that people will always be violant no matter what, and the fact that the media keeps blaming other things makes me think that they want to draw peoples attention away from other things that might be bad/wrong with society.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
baioslaio (Offline)
New to JF

10-13-2007, 04:34 PM

Poor studio deen, they will earn less money
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

10-13-2007, 04:34 PM

Basicly thats whats going on, they have been doing that for years but I guess thats just how people are. No one wants to take resonsibility for there own actions and when things get to tough they just run away hoping people would forget. Which works because every one forgets untill it happens again funny thing is everyone has seen it before but do nothing to prevent it.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
baioslaio (Offline)
New to JF

10-13-2007, 04:37 PM

how old was the girl?
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

10-13-2007, 04:41 PM

yup misunderstood

Last edited by Hyakushi : 10-13-2007 at 04:48 PM.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
ILOVEJAPAN (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-13-2007, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baioslaio View Post
how old was the girl?

She was actualy only 16
(#9 (permalink))
Old
ILOVEJAPAN (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-13-2007, 04:46 PM

It is a little suprising that the blame is falling on anime, since it is common beleife in Japan, that violant fiction helps take out aggresion, and prevents real crime from happening.

Then when somthing happens, people suddenly change there mind? I guess its human nature to place the blame somwhere when we are frightend or dont understand somthing.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
baioslaio (Offline)
New to JF

10-13-2007, 04:52 PM

What happened to the girl? Jail?