JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#111 (permalink))
Old
minamo9 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to minamo9
11-22-2009, 08:23 PM

i really like elfen lied! it sorts of describes my dreamgirl.(not as extreme as on elfen lied ofc) cute but deadly works for me ^_~

You can not make a person love you, all you can do is to be a person who can be loved.
(#112 (permalink))
Old
SummerVegetable (Offline)
New to JF

12-09-2009, 12:47 PM

Elfen Lied? It's been years since I watched it, but I'd say I was pretty moved when I watched it. Expecially in the ending. Oh, so sad...
(#113 (permalink))
Old
kyo_9 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Yahoo to kyo_9
12-09-2009, 05:41 PM

yeah.. the ending was pretty intense~

LiVe Ur LiFe
Don't do drugs!

(#114 (permalink))
Old
magicalgirlj (Offline)
moetaku

12-11-2009, 01:42 AM

I love Elfen Lied, it triggered my love for anime gore

avatar- Kamio Misuzu from Air tv
please buy anime DVD's and manga
(#115 (permalink))
Old
ZInSAkUra (Offline)
New to JF

... - 12-11-2009, 01:51 AM

yeah i like the gustav klimt inspired art and the theme tune
(#116 (permalink))
Old
princessmarisa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-21-2009, 05:07 PM

I cosplayed as lucy/nyuu at London Expo couple years ago and got interviewed by some new anime channel about how it was strange for a girl to like such violent anime! Never found the video online though doh ;(
(#117 (permalink))
Old
Megabyte117 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-22-2009, 05:35 AM

Am I the only one who greatly disliked the series? I found the cutesy animation coupled with the excessive gore and nudity to be quite jarring. Then the harem-esque aspects, and the main character being generally a nuisance to watch (as Nyu). I have to admit to not being particularly impressed with the ending either; all the loose ends and then them trying to make the viewer sympathetic towards Lucy just didn't work for me at all. A fairly disappointing show aside from the wonderful soundtrack.
(#118 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
12-28-2009, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megabyte117 View Post
Am I the only one who greatly disliked the series? I found the cutesy animation coupled with the excessive gore and nudity to be quite jarring. Then the harem-esque aspects, and the main character being generally a nuisance to watch (as Nyu). I have to admit to not being particularly impressed with the ending either; all the loose ends and then them trying to make the viewer sympathetic towards Lucy just didn't work for me at all. A fairly disappointing show aside from the wonderful soundtrack.
Gore is supposed to be jarring. The nudity just helps it being worse. Now about cutesy... well, ever seen other horror anime? Most do start the first half of the episode as happy and they do include cutesy characters. NEver thought on how it affects you?

You set your expectations low to begin with so that's why it didn't work for you. Maybe horror anime is not your kind. But be sure that this is a masterpiece on its own.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#119 (permalink))
Old
Lynssl (Offline)
New to JF

12-31-2009, 07:13 PM

Elfen Lied is very amazing, Even now it still feels like it's ripping my heart out.
(#120 (permalink))
Old
Megabyte117 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-04-2010, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
Gore is supposed to be jarring. The nudity just helps it being worse. Now about cutesy... well, ever seen other horror anime?
Most do start the first half of the episode as happy and they do include cutesy characters. NEver thought on how it affects you?
Well, the animation just didn't click for me, as I tend to avoid shows that have that cutesy look. Again, I found the nudity to be excessive, and mostly existed for the purpose of fanservice.

Quote:
You set your expectations low to begin with so that's why it didn't work for you. Maybe horror anime is not your kind. But be sure that this is a masterpiece on its own.
Sure, I'll admit to that. The hype that surrounded it did irritate me, and the amount of times it was recommended to me was grating. As for horror anime, I don't know. I considered Monster to be somewhat of a horror anime, and I wholeheartedly enjoyed it. (Especially as the animation appeared more realistic looking)