JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
KokkoiiMatoku (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to KokkoiiMatoku Send a message via Yahoo to KokkoiiMatoku
How Do you feel about AmericanManga? - 11-15-2007, 11:05 PM

Please tell me your thoughts on AmericanManga:

Quote: Svetlana Chmakova's "DramaCon 2nd Volume"

"Applying This logic to something else we all know and love...a pizza is not a pizza unless it's baked by an Italian in Italy yes?."

That is a beautiful book, and More and more Americans’ are creating very beautiful artworks. Drama con is about a girl named Chrissie who goes to an anime convention for the first time with her boyfriend and she goes threw alot! it's a really cute manga, and it's a shojo of course hense the name Drama con Hee hee ^w^

DramaCon
Shutterbox
Bizenghast

In addition to so many others, are there any manga’s you like? or is there a comment you'd like to say about AmericanManga? Please post them here ^w^ I would love to here your thoughts and Opinions.
Also many people on SJ(SmackJeeves) Are creating AmericanManga as well. ^o^

Last edited by KokkoiiMatoku : 11-15-2007 at 11:13 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Crelrn (Offline)
クレルんノホノオ

11-15-2007, 11:15 PM

It's not like it's a sin to write American manga...they just better not be left to right or someone's going to get hurt
I personally don't read it, however
(#3 (permalink))
Old
KokkoiiMatoku (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to KokkoiiMatoku Send a message via Yahoo to KokkoiiMatoku
11-15-2007, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crelrn View Post
It's not like it's a sin to write American manga...they just better not be left to right or someone's going to get hurt
I personally don't read it, however
Well some are ^w^ It doesn't really bother me if its LEFT to RIGHT instead of Just Normal.
They just wanna keep the Tradional way, but also, Korea Manwah Does it there own way too. i see alot of manwah like, be american way. and then i see some japanese.

You should really read some, they are really nice ^w^
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Shiningmonkey (Offline)
Inventor of the s'moredog

11-16-2007, 12:28 AM

I haven't read any but I am going to make my own manga someday so I'm glad that americans can make manga
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Powermad147 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-16-2007, 12:33 AM

American-manga? All I can think of is Mega Tokyo, though thats more like a web-comic then a manga...However, it IS now being realeased in japan. It's funny, cute, and has a tiny, tiny bit of romance (as much as a web-comic possibly could). Go look for volume 1

(#6 (permalink))
Old
KokkoiiMatoku (Offline)
New to JF

11-16-2007, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powermad147 View Post
American-manga? All I can think of is Mega Tokyo, though thats more like a web-comic then a manga...However, it IS now being realeased in japan. It's funny, cute, and has a tiny, tiny bit of romance (as much as a web-comic possibly could). Go look for volume 1
Thank you. yes mega tokyo is good ^w^ it's alright. it isn't just a webcomic yeah its a manga tooo~

I already checked it out ^w^

Im also really happy that AmeriManga is getting noticed. ^o^
(#7 (permalink))
Old
DEATHPANDA (Offline)
JF Regular

11-16-2007, 12:57 AM

It just doesn't feel as original and will never beat traditional, Japanese manga.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-16-2007, 12:57 AM

I am one of those that believes comics are made in America and manga are made in Japan.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Haggis (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-16-2007, 01:09 AM

I read manga because I like what's Japanese about it, such as their views on society, education, religion etc. and I think if an American has lived in Japan and wants to bring that into their work as a manga then great, but what's not great is just copying someone else.

Americans have great comic books and artists, I mean stuff like Batman and Sin City is popular, so you don't have to go the manga route just to sell. Just be original, express yourself through your work.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Haggis (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-16-2007, 01:26 AM

Thinking about it, what is Manga style?

I mean you have your stereotypical manga style with your big eyes, bad hair, schoolgirls and robots, but when you read manga such as that by Yoshihiro Tasumi ("Pushman and other stories", "Abandon the old in Tokyo"), there's actually no manga stereotypes in it at all.

There's another book called "Japan as viewed by 17 creators", and the French entries aren't very manga-like but then neither are the Japanese entries. So what makes some manga and not others?

Last edited by Haggis : 11-16-2007 at 01:29 AM.