LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-24-2007, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powermad147 View Post
I've heard it called immoral, but your right. In its time, Evangelion actualy DID get some press coverage, I believe, so thats another good reason to nominate it. I believe the church banned it in some places for blasphemy... And hypocritical as this is, you always seem to be on, day or night...How do you do it? xD And yes, I've taken the time difference into account, and it still seems this way.

I could say the same about you. I do work in front of a computer A LOT of the day.

If someone calls something immoral, it's not controversial. If a lot of people call something immoral, it's not controversial. If a lot of people call something immoral, and then a lot of people disagree, then it's controversial.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
NarutoFan1373 (Offline)
New to JF

11-24-2007, 08:31 PM

Defenetly Evangelion hands down.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Powermad147 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-24-2007, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I could say the same about you. I do work in front of a computer A LOT of the day.

If someone calls something immoral, it's not controversial. If a lot of people call something immoral, it's not controversial. If a lot of people call something immoral, and then a lot of people disagree, then it's controversial.
Hehe, I guess I am also on a lot...^_^. But my opinion still hasn't changed...Death Note has been called immoral, as I said in my last post, but I also have friends who believe that what Kira did was actualy right. But to get off the subject of controversy, there are some other controversial animes I would like to mention, two that are on the same subject, actualy: Boku Wa Imouto Ni Koi Wo Suru, and Koi Kaze. Both these anime revolve around a topic that is will most likely always be looked down upon by society; Brother sister relationships. I found both these anime fairly...disturbing, and didn't bother finishing Koi Kaze. However, the point is, there are people out there that found them to be beautiful romantic tales, and then there is the majority that found it rather strange...Maybe this would be better discribed as "strange" than controversial, but I felt I should mention these.

(#14 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

11-25-2007, 12:31 AM

I don't think Evangelion was that controversial either. Definitely in depth and very hard to understand but not controversial.
As for Death Note, its true that it opened an interesting can of worms but it was still Fictional. I think it would be more controversial if Kira never had a "death note" and instead was a Japanese Dictator. That would be much more controversial I think cos it would be dealing with real world issues and the content could be taken much more directly and seriously.
Not everyone is good at looking "beneath the beneath" sadly, which is what a lot of Japanese stuff requires.

ps. I think Marmalade Boy for its time was quite controversial

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#15 (permalink))
Old
ILOVEJAPAN (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-25-2007, 04:12 AM

I think Evangelian was banned in Japan for awhile. Or at least I heard that somewhere...well in any case it certaintly is contreversial.

And wasn't Urotsukidōji banned in the U.K? There was at least a bunch of fuss over it there. For some reson, whenever some weird rape filled Japanese...thing makes it's way into england, everyone freaks out.

I think there was some contreversy about Battle Royal in Japan. And the the manga version of Koroshiya Ichi was banned in several parts of Japan. So was Midori (the anime version of Mr. Arashi's Amazing Freakshow).

There must have been some contreversy about Hellsing, after all it depicts hords of vampire Nazi's and KKK vampire nazi's, and vampire's, and blowing eachother to shrads!
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Milanor (Offline)
New to JF

11-25-2007, 02:42 PM

I always thought Deathnote create Controversial when the producer should actually finished the serie when L die, instead of introduce two new characters M&N that gonna kill Kira!!! I mean Kira should be declare the winner and rules the world at the point when L die!! Infact, i stop wacthing Deathnote after L died cause i know Kira gonna died later and it is just stupid!!!
(#17 (permalink))
Old
ILOVEJAPAN (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-25-2007, 03:44 PM

Now that I think about it, death note did cause some controversy in China. Apparantly "scary stories" arent aloud in China, and Death Note qualifies. So publishers havent been picking it up. But people were making bootleg copies...and then it got really popular among highschool kids...and then some kids were making fake death notes, and writing student's and teacher's names...and then the media found out about it...and we all know what happens then...
(#18 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

11-25-2007, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVEJAPAN View Post
I think Evangelian was banned in Japan for awhile. Or at least I heard that somewhere...well in any case it certaintly is contreversial.

And wasn't Urotsukidōji banned in the U.K? There was at least a bunch of fuss over it there. For some reson, whenever some weird rape filled Japanese...thing makes it's way into england, everyone freaks out.

I think there was some contreversy about Battle Royal in Japan. And the the manga version of Koroshiya Ichi was banned in several parts of Japan. So was Midori (the anime version of Mr. Arashi's Amazing Freakshow).

There must have been some contreversy about Hellsing, after all it depicts hords of vampire Nazi's and KKK vampire nazi's, and vampire's, and blowing eachother to shrads!
In that case most violent or sexually oriented animes are controversial cos they cause some kinda fuss in some country, somewhere in the world In that case stuff like Ichi the Killer is bad.

Even so the topic asks "what do i think" is the most controversial anime, not what a country thought.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Oni (Offline)
<3

Send a message via AIM to Oni Send a message via Yahoo to Oni
11-25-2007, 10:25 PM

That is true. I mean, sure there are some anime that are in fact a little disturbing. For example, most people don't like the anime/manga Gravitaion because its Yaoi.... And Hellsing because it has so much bloodshed, vampires, neo-nazi's, and so on....

A Sonozaki at her finest (links may be spoilers):

http://higurashiualuealuealeuale.ytmnd.com/
http://higurashicowbell.ytmnd.com/

Aishite mo ii kai?
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

11-25-2007, 10:31 PM

NGE is possibly the most controversal anime I've stumbled upon. No matter how many times I watch my dvds... I'm still confused, but I learn a bit more everytime.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780