JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
freel4ncer (Offline)
New to JF

05-03-2009, 08:42 AM

The bazaar is a part of activities of community and most sellers are busier having a chat with friends and neighbors than selling things.
I saw a girl who seemed to be about 8 years old, and she was getting her mother a pink flashy dress like a doll’s dress. (she's buying it for her mum? that's what it means by what you wrote)
and she was getting her mother to buy a pink flashy dress, that like a doll's, for her. (that's what i would have written it if you meant she was trying to get her mum to buy the dress for her.)

She won’t be able to wear it out but only on stage.
it also seemed to be a bit too big for her, but her mother might have thought of buying the dress as a toy, and it must have been cheap. The girl seemed to be very happy.
Thank you!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-03-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freel4ncer View Post
The bazaar is a part of activities of community and most sellers are busier having a chat with friends and neighbors than selling things.
I saw a girl who seemed to be about 8 years old, and she was getting her mother a pink flashy dress like a doll’s dress. (she's buying it for her mum? that's what it means by what you wrote)
and she was getting her mother to buy a pink flashy dress, that like a doll's, for her. (that's what i would have written it if you meant she was trying to get her mum to buy the dress for her.)
Hi, freel4ncer! Thanks a lot!

I meant that the mother was buying the dress for the girl. I forgot writing "to buy".

How's your speech? If you need my help, tell me!

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

If you have questions about my post or Japanese customs, don't hesitate to ask.

I YamaP
(#23 (permalink))
Old
freel4ncer (Offline)
New to JF

05-03-2009, 01:29 PM

hi, thanks for the offer yuri san. ive posted 2 essays in the japanese language and help section, and one is about cool japan. can you help me proof read it and point out the major mistakes that i made?

スピチにはもう完成しました。これから練習だけをして おけます。お世話になりました。(:
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

05-04-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriTokoro View Post
Hi!
Would you correct my English, please?

Tenjin Bazaar

I went to a Tenjin Bazaar today.
"Ten" means sky and "jin" means god in this case. (In many cases, sky is “sora” and god is “kami”.)
I don’t know why, but in the past people sold used items in the front courtyard of a shrine and called it “Tenjin Bazaar”.
The bazaar is a part of community activities. Most of the time sellers spend the time chatting with friends and neighbors compared than selling things.
I saw a girl who looked about 8 years old. Her mother was getting her a flashy pink dress that looked like it belonged on a doll. She would only be able to wear it on stage. Also, it seemed to be a bit big for her. Her mother might have been thinking about buying the dress as a toy. It probably didn't cost much. The daughter seemed to be very happy.
Thank you!
Second revision as before, Yuri-san. I'll bet it was an interesting looking dress from your description of it.

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
(#25 (permalink))
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)

05-05-2009, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
Second revision as before, Yuri-san. I'll bet it was an interesting looking dress from your description of it.
Koir, thanks!
I'm very happy to know that you thought the dreess suould have been interesting looking.

Call me Yuri, please!

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

I YamaP
(#26 (permalink))
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)

05-05-2009, 02:26 AM

Hi.
Please correct my English, please!

"Children's Day"

May 5th is Children's Day.
It is a day to promote the happiness and well-being of children.
Even though it’s Children’s Day, it’s actually Boy’s Day.
On Children’s Day, families with boys display warrior dolls in their homes and fly carp streamers outdoors.( The carp is a symbol of a successful career.) Both of them are only for boys.
While, March 3rd is Girl’s Festival which is only for girls.
When I was a child, I used to think people should call the day “Boy’s Day”.
Most Japanese families put boys ahead of girls, so I though they only call boys their children.
Japan is still a male-dominated society
We have fewer politicians than other countries, there are always endless waiting lists for day-care centers (Most Japanese husbands don’t do housework or child rearing, so if women with infant children need to work outside, they need a day-care center.) and most women’s salary is lower than men’s even if the men are good at nothing.
Children’s Day is a symbol of male chauvinism.
Thank you!

Kodomo no Hi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I YamaP
(#27 (permalink))
Old
freel4ncer (Offline)
New to JF

05-05-2009, 12:59 PM

Hi.
Please correct my English, please!

"Children's Day"

May 5th is Children's Day.
It is a day to promote the happiness and well-being of children.
Even though it’s Children’s Day, it’s actually Boy’s Day.
On Children’s Day, families with boys display warrior dolls in their homes and fly carp streamers outdoors.( The carp is a symbol of a successful career.) -> up till here is good.

Both of them are only for boys. ->Both displays are meant for boys.
While, March 3rd is Girl’s Festival which is only for girls. -> Whereas, 3rd March is Girl's festival, which is meant only for girls.

When I was a child, I used to think people should call the day “Boy’s Day”. -> When I was a child, I used to think that people should call the day ...
Most Japanese families put boys ahead of girls, so I though they only call boys their children. -> Most Japanese families favour boys instead of girls, which is why i thought that they regard only boys as their children.
Japan is still a male-dominated society -> (instead of male dominated, could use male-oriented.)
We have fewer female politicians than other countries, and there are always endless waiting lists for day-care centers (Most Japanese husbands don’t do housework or child rearing, so if women with infant children need to work outside, they use a day-care center.). Furthermore, most womens' salaries are lower than mens' even if the men are good for nothing.
Children’s Day is a symbol of male chauvinism.
Thank you!

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodomo_no_Hi]Kodomo no Hi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(#28 (permalink))
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)

05-05-2009, 01:45 PM

freel4ncer, thanks a lot!

スピーチの練習はいかがですか?もうすぐですね。きっ と大成功ですね。

I YamaP
(#29 (permalink))
Old
freel4ncer (Offline)
New to JF

05-05-2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriTokoro View Post
freel4ncer, thanks a lot!

スピーチの練習はいかがですか?もうすぐですね。きっ と大成功ですね。
今日筆記試験を受けました。すっごくいい感じですね。 しかし、’手首’でも簡単な漢字も忘れするのは残念で すね。他のは大丈夫だと思う。

面接試験は明日なので、今一生懸命覚えるように練習し ています。