JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ARose (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to ARose Send a message via MSN to ARose
spanish help plz - 10-08-2008, 01:42 AM

Ok - so I have no idea what the following paragraph says. I don't necessarily need it translated - I just want to know if it says that they got someone pregnant. lol - I don't know much Spanish but words like precioso bebe and preguntas kind of stick out! haha

Desde que terminamos, no la volvi a ver, mas que un par de ocasiones al saber que se casaba y tiene un precioso bebe, al sentarme a tomar un cafe en aquel lugar por Central Park, tuvimos la mas amena conversacion, en medio de risas y despues de haber pasado tanta agua bajo el puente, pude hacer algunas preguntas la cual hasta el momento ha resultado ser de lo mas revelador.

(Although - these might be song lyrics lol...)

Last edited by ARose : 10-08-2008 at 01:46 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
lizzey (Offline)
Banned

10-08-2008, 01:56 AM

Translation: Since we have finish. I have not seen her again. Only some occasions of knowing that she was going to get marry. She has a beautiful baby. In sitting and drinking a cup of cafe in the place by Central Park. we had the most enjoyable conversations and laughter. After having spent so much water under the bridge, I could ask some questions which so far has proved to be the most revealing.

Yes someone has a baby but that is different from getting pregnant. Which you were close. Good job. Although sometimes translations are good to have. Such as the other day I was in a french website. I tought I knew what it was saying but in reality I was misreading it.
I hope I was some help.

Last edited by lizzey : 10-08-2008 at 02:03 AM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
ARose (Offline)
JF Regular

10-08-2008, 02:42 AM

lol you have to love misreading things

thanks a bunch!!!

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
10-19-2008, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzey View Post
Translation: Since we have finish. I have not seen her again. Only some occasions of knowing that she was going to get marry. She has a beautiful baby. In sitting and drinking a cup of cafe in the place by Central Park. we had the most enjoyable conversations and laughter. After having spent so much water under the bridge, I could ask some questions which so far has proved to be the most revealing.
That just made no sense.

ARose, if you need a better translation I can do it.

"Desde que terminamos, no la volvi a ver, mas que un par de ocasiones al saber que se casaba y tiene un precioso bebe"

The tense used there is wrong. Literally translated it would be: "when I heard she was getting married and has a beautiful baby"; which would be wrong in English as well.

<Since we broke it off I haven't seen her again, except for a couple of times when I heard she was getting married and had had* a beautiful baby>.

Where did you get this from?

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#5 (permalink))
Old
ARose (Offline)
JF Regular

02-03-2009, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
That just made no sense.

"Desde que terminamos, no la volvi a ver, mas que un par de ocasiones al saber que se casaba y tiene un precioso bebe"

The tense used there is wrong. Literally translated it would be: "when I heard she was getting married and has a beautiful baby"; which would be wrong in English as well.

<Since we broke it off I haven't seen her again, except for a couple of times when I heard she was getting married and had had* a beautiful baby>.

Where did you get this from?

My friend, who is Peruvian, posted the story on a blog lol. Spanish is his 1st language.

I have another quick translation if anyone would mind? I tried to bablefish it but it just makes no sense to me...

____ is "decepsionado, creo que estoy perdiendo el porque el maestro me llamo Perspectivo one."

Thanks!

(#6 (permalink))
Old
izzysparkle (Offline)
New to JF

02-05-2009, 03:34 PM

Yeah...Free online translators don't work at all.
I used to do that all the time for my Spanish and French homework.

obviously I failed. but. because my teacher was awsome, she gave me a pity mark ;D
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

02-08-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARose View Post
I have another quick translation if anyone would mind? I tried to bablefish it but it just makes no sense to me...

____ is "decepsionado, creo que estoy perdiendo el porque el maestro me llamo Perspectivo one."
That line there makes no sense.

"Decepsionado" should be spelt: decepcionado, which means disappointed.

____ está decepcionado. Creo que estoy perdiendo...(?) porque el profesor me llamó...(?).

___ is disappointed. I think I'm losing... (?) because the teacher called me... (?).

That's all I managed to undertsand.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
zed (Offline)
JF Regular

02-08-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
That just made no sense.

you nailed it, I was thinking the same thing but you made a such a good translation. your spanish is realy good

the next part should be,
-al sentarme a tomar un cafe en aquel lugar por Central Park,-
-upon sitting down to drink a cup of coffe in that place by Central Park,- or
-while sitting down to drink a cup of coffe in that place by Central Park.-

I think lizzey got the rest of it right.
and the part -after having spent so much water under the bridge-
I think is a metaphore for having talked about everything and anything, nothing personal. If you get me.

this is what I understood from the other sentence,
-"decepsionado, creo que estoy perdiendo el porque el maestro me llamo Perspectivo one."-
-disappointed,I think I am beginning to wander (doubt) why the teacher called me Perspective one.-
I think we need to see the context to understand the sentence.

Hope it helped

HI JF I AM BACK!!!
Original language: spanish learning to write in english......so be patient.

Last edited by zed : 02-08-2009 at 04:41 PM.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

02-14-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed View Post
you nailed it, I was thinking the same thing but you made a such a good translation. your spanish is realy good
lol I am Spanish, wasn't hard for me to get the right translation